Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Let’s see your BC wheels (or other after market) - Page 2 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Let’s see your BC wheels (or other after market)

2 hours ago, Steffen_Leitgeb-LSWGmbh said:

So if the HRE is a little over the top in terms of pricing - would be a set of about 4.500.- EUR net price but with lower weight than factory forged or HRE interesting for you? 🙂
We are just deciding if we offer a wheel for the Exige V6 7,5x17 offset 23 and 10x18 Offset 32 ... if performance is important it can´t be really cheap.

Maybe @Bibs has an idea for a wheel for Exige V6 - maybe we should start an design opinion poll here in TLF someday later when we have a done the calculation for forces for the Exige? 
What is the max axle load and max. downforce of the 410 at the moment?
What do you think?

If I wouldn't already have the Komo-Tec forged wheels from Team Dynamics, I would be interested.

Does anyone have the actual axle weights of the Exige 410 and the max downforce at Vmax and if possible the downforce distribution front / rear and with a speed diagram? 
For a correct wheel design evaluation such Infos will help.

• 7 months later...

Hi Guys,

Backontrack are just ordering me a set of RZ05 BC Forged wheels and I will be running 215 front and 285 rear cup 2s.

In terms of wheel sizes are the below the right ones to get?

Front wheel 7.5 x 17 ET26 
Rear wheel 10 x 18 ET32 

Thanks

I am seriously considering a set of BC Forged wheels as well. I would go 8x17 ET26 with 215 and 10x18 ET32 with 265 in matte black personally.

I had been looking at the RS41 style, which I really like but the RZ05 appears to be virtually identical. What’s the difference??

@Mattmahope your two were the same two as me.

basically the 41 has a flat surface and for me didn’t look as nice side on as the 05.

just getting latest costs for wheels but was quoted £1692 inclusive of vat for the set about 9 months ago. He reckons they have gone up 5% due to interest rates. 

send me a pm if you want the contact everyone uses, I got given it so happy to share the discount. 

@Mattmahope it can’t hurt to ask, though he has been open that the margin he makes on these is very small - it’s not something his business sells (it’s suspension orientated) - he does it as a favour as he is a cup360 owner. I guess it is a bit of pocket money for him.  

send me a message with your email and I will introduce you. 

Its a hell of a saving right, the 05 is £2600 normally. 

I am looking at getting some custom made forged wheels from BC Forged and trying to settle on final sizes. Main thing is that I am not sure how much clearance there is inside the wheel arches for wider wheels and/or more aggressive offsets. Would be grateful for thoughts on the following questions:

1. Rears will be 10x18 as per 410 Sport/430 Cup cars with 265/35 tyres (allows 285s as well). On the front I want to run 215/45 Cup 2 tyres so is it worth going up from 7.5x17 to 8x17?

2. Rear offset of ET32 (ie effectively the same as Lotus standard) most likely but would there be any disadvantages in going  down to ET30 with the wider 10x18 rims eg outside rubbing on body work?

3. Front offset of ET26 (ie same as Lotus standard) most likely but would it be better to go to ET20 if I have the wider 8x17 rims to give more clearance on the inside and to look more aggressive? Or would the outside then rub on the body work?

I know that plenty of others have considered or are considering these questions so am sure responses would be a massive benefit to all.

Same questions posted in a couple of threads. Mods, please feel free to remove/consolidate if appropriate.

Many thanks!

• Like 1

@GFWilliams I guess that is why that was question number one! If there is no benefit running 8 inch over the standard 7.5 inch at the front, then I wouldn’t want to do that. I just wondered if a 215 tyre might sit a bit squarer on a wider rim and if that was the reason why Komo-Tec offered that rim size on their “Sport” wheel:

https://komo-tec.com/Shop/en/Exige/MK3-Toyota-V6-350-380/Wheels-tyres/KT-Sport-wheel-17-18-Exige-S-V6.html

Also the info on the playground seemed to suggest that most of the aftermarket forged wheel were 8 inches at the front:

https://wiki.the playground.org/a/Wheels_and_tyres_-_Exige_V6

Would be interested to hear whether others have gone for 8 inches at the front, why they did so, and whether they fit ok!

Cheers

I’m considering 225 at the front so I think the 8 inch allows that option.

also the added weight from .5 inch is so minimal I can easily offset it by the fact we can make the wheel more concave with a lower et. 

Provided i am right in that assumption I am shallow, wheels need to look good. 

You certainly can run 225 tyres on 8 inch rims at the front, but equally you can run 225 tyreson 7.5 inch wheels. I think the issue would be potential tyre rub with the wider 8 inch rims plus the wider 225 tyres, especially if you retain a 45 profile. But that is what I am hoping to get feedback from others on...

On 16/02/2019 at 13:51, BatMobile said:

@Hangar 111 as a guru with these cars do you have idea what will work? 

The problem you have is that there are many variables that can affect clearance when things get tight, not just offset.  For example, if you want to run alot of camber, then that might gain you some space around the body wheel arch, but will lose you some space around the inside of the wheel vs suspension etc.   Also dynamically you may find things get together on full bump or droop, that are otherwise fine statically.  It's just not that simple, ideally you do the testing and find the right thing, but of course you won't want to do that, so you just have to go with what someone else has done (because they have done the testing for you).

Sorry, probably not the answer you were hoping for...

Dave

12 minutes ago, Hangar 111 said:

The problem you have is that there are many variables that can affect clearance when things get tight, not just offset.  For example, if you want to run alot of camber, then that might gain you some space around the body wheel arch, but will lose you some space around the inside of the wheel vs suspension etc.   Also dynamically you may find things get together on full bump or droop, that are otherwise fine statically.  It's just not that simple, ideally you do the testing and find the right thing, but of course you won't want to do that, so you just have to go with what someone else has done (because they have done the testing for you).

Sorry, probably not the answer you were hoping for...

Dave

This.....................................

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎14‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 21:59, BatMobile said:

@Mattmahope it can’t hurt to ask, though he has been open that the margin he makes on these is very small - it’s not something his business sells (it’s suspension orientated) - he does it as a favour as he is a cup360 owner. I guess it is a bit of pocket money for him.  

send me a message with your email and I will introduce you. 

Its a hell of a saving right, the 05 is £2600 normally. 

Hi Alastair, 

I'm also considering BC wheels. I'm between a set of RZ053's, RS31's or a set of the Seriously Lotus Forged wheels but would be swayed towards the BC wheels if possible to get them at a discount. Please let me know if it would be possible to add another set in with your order :)  

• 1 month later...

I also found on the Japanese website Garage Shimaya that are making very fast track Lotus cars that they are selling volk te37 wheels and rays ZE40 and others with the oem type offsets but also some custom

Rays ze40 with aggressive but nice offsets in 8x17 ET21 and 10x18 ET25

rays1.jpg

Edited by Maxi_z
  • Like 1

BC forged wheels ordered

I did not receive them yet so cant comment on the final product and service but for the moment I have to say that the german importer tuning empire was really good to deal with

I had to make them wait on the final specs as I had to make some measurements for clearence of the rear wheel and they were always very fast to respond emails and sent me the technical drawings of the weels etc

Went for RZ39 in matte black

Edited by Maxi_z
  • Like 1

I wanted to order them in 8x17 ET25 and 10x18 ET33 as that should be the spec on the bronze ones on the pictures above.

But on my cup r there were some spacers fitted for clearance at the rear and without them the wheel was almost touching inside and I did not understood what was the difference.

I knew there were some different than standard ohlins springs fitted with slightly bigger outer diameter but the wheels I could try to fit (exige cup 380 10x18 ET32 with 285 tyres) were also very close to the top mount

To make it short I think that the larger tyre (on the pictures of the bronze wheels is a 280 large slick tyre) the camber settings and the slightly bigger springs made it a very tight fit so I decided to go for

8x17 ET24 front and 10x18 ET30 rear

That way it will fit the car no problem as it is and I can if wanted change the top mounts bolted to the chassis for the cup 380 ones that give more clearance and fit the standard eibach springs or even fit a thin shim to the wheel as lotus did on the 380 cup.

But still If I want them fitted to another exige v6 or as they are they are just 2mm more flush than the oem 380 cup ones that is not much.

I tried the rear wheels with shims to get ET26 (similar to the rays ones in the pictures of the blue 380 cup that are ET25) but even if they can still fit ok I think they start to be visually a bit too much wide and would look right only in a really really lowered car.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...