Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Feature In Autocar - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Feature In Autocar

Tentenths

Front cover - 'How to own an Esprit (without going bust)'

Followed by a nice double page spread on one Andy Richens and his 100,000 mile Mustard Yellow GT3 under strap line of 'High Mileage Hero'.

Seems he put some 110,000 miles on his previous G car. Sold that and bought the GT3 in 1997/1998, since when he's covered another 100,000 miles. In that time he's got through 9 sets of tyres, one set of discs, and two sets of pads... no other costs except routine servicing.

Reckons overall running costs (inc. depreciation) have been the same as his wife's Saab - around

Edited by Tentenths

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Good bit of Esprit PR.

Good to dispell the mith of expensive to run. Ok yes they need to be looked after but are they really any more expensive than other exotic classic to keep - probably not. Blimey with this sort of press, might welcome more buyers and increase values. ;)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

...were it not for some dodgy things from the PO, mine would be nearly trouble free ;)

All sorted now. I think. Well it's been taken apart and put together again, so :) Probably the most right it's been since 1986, and I'm finally enjoying it heh.

And I still get better mileage than many "economy" cars, and outrun most newer "sports" cars B)

Edited by slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

gt3, need the article say anymore ha ha ha

"best esprit EVER" but im not biased, keep telling idoits at work it cost less

to run than a focus

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Seems he put some 110,000 miles on his previous G car. Sold that and bought the GT3 in 1997/1998, since when he's covered another 100,000 miles. In that time he's got through 9 sets of tyres, one set of discs, and two sets of pads... no other costs except routine servicing.

boy, its more reliable then my subaru STi! ;)

double that..

after I do all the mods on my Esprit, its reliability will be greatly improved.

I expect my works will sort out most known issues, and bring down the overall service cost in long term.

cam belt change a grand WOW, i paid

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

• Gold FFM

Talking about high mileage Esprits, I saw Alan's Lotus Esprit down at Esprit Engineering on Saturday, with 327,000 miles on the clock! That got to be the highest mileage for any Esprit.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!