Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1y/3k in - new front discs? - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

1y/3k in - new front discs?

My Evora 400 was in for it's first birthday service today and I mentioned I had been experiencing some judder under braking from speed, and a bit of grabbing at low speeds that suggested all was not well with the brakes.

The front left brake disc was identified as being off centre, and should be replaced (ergo both fronts replaced)... and then I learn that this isn't necessarily covered under warranty,. They will call the Lotus warranty department up tomorrow and ask very very nicely given that it's a year old with 3000 miles from new, and never seen a track, this shouldn't be happening (and after experiencing some other Lotuses on the track recently, I realise this one has had it really easy).

My last experience with at the mercy of Lotus's warranty department goodwill was when the battery went bad 3 months from new, on a conditioner the entire time... I had to shell out for that, so I'm not feeling all warm and fuzzy about this.

Any advice/suggestions?

Edited by Mister_Tad

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

It depends how much your dealer is prepared to push it with the Lotus warranty folks.  My starter motor failed outside warranty and B&C argued with Hethel that less than 30,000 miles on a starter was very poor regardless of age of the car.  Lotus replaced the part for free and I had to pay for fitting, which I thought was a reasonable compromise. 

• 4 weeks later...

And just like that I have new front discs and no more grabbing or judder.

The left was out of true by 0.15mm against a maximum tolerance of 0.06mm. The front right to compare was at 0.015mm. Both were replaced.

• Like 2