Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
A Drive Along The Central California Coast - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

A Drive Along The Central California Coast

Thought I'd share a few pictures from a drive along Hwy 1 in Big Sur today. The sun was out, the traffic was light and the views incredible - a pure spiritual Lotus day!

bsfm0.jpg

bs4wv5.jpg

bs3rm3.jpg

bs2nq3.jpg

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice scenery and a nice car, Paul.. The weather certainly was nice today but it's cooling down tomorrow.

Do you use the V8 for long journeys and keep the 4-cylinder for more local hooning?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

nice :D Good to see the V8 out and about B)

All I've been thinking about lately is things I ought to be doing in this good weather... and that's one of them lol. My car's finally mobile once more and running great, the weather's nice again, and yet I find myself stuck in Riverside :lol: Stay here long enough, and it's easy to forget places like that exist. I might have to plan an expedition... or we could once again attempt to wrangle a few other so-cal folk :lol:

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Beautiful pictures Paul! I've been on that drive, many years ago, as a group of us went backpacking in the Big Sur area. Very picturesque. Your V8 looks great!

Thanks for sharing and inspiring the rest of us to seek out the 'Great Drives'.

Well, back to the Spanish Gran Prix.

Ed

Beautiful pictures Paul! I've been on that drive, many years ago, as a group of us went backpacking in the Big Sur area. Very picturesque. Your V8 looks great!

Thanks for sharing and inspiring the rest of us to seek out the 'Great Drives'.

Well, back to the Spanish Gran Prix.

Ed

No kidding, I'll have to remember to take my camera next week when I drive down to the lake resort in Ozark Mo with the KC and St. Louis Viper club! Expect pictures.

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

Screw next year...

I'm booking a flight as we speak!!!!!!

*Fence Jumps!*

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Thanks guys, thought I'd add a few more! I'm heading back down Hwy 1 to LA next weeekend if anyone wants to join me (think you can make it by then Fishy!). Have to say I have a whole new respect for the V8 after this after this trip.

bs5xk5.jpg

bs6ts2.jpg

bs7lt0.jpg

What a beautiful area to drive in, I am feeling jealous as we drove for hours in the rain today on jam packed motorways.

Maybe I need to move to california???????

Alex

stunning, thanks for sharing

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Brings back some memories - we used to go for road trips (drove from LA to Yosemite) and the view out of the window was (and I must emphasise the use of the word) stunning.

UK has nice places as well dont forget :lol:

(you just have to look very hard hehe)

If only you guys drove on the correct side of the road out there !

Can we have some more Aussie pictures please ?

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Wayne - wrong pic mate - I had my Miami Vice gear on for this trip :lol: The one place in England that's as beautiful (in a different way) to the Central Coast is the Lake District (used to go there on holiday as a kid), so let's have someone post pics of an Esprit up in Cumbria!

Nice scenery and a nice car, Paul.. The weather certainly was nice today but it's cooling down tomorrow.

Do you use the V8 for long journeys and keep the 4-cylinder for more local hooning?

I try and use them both equally, last time I did this trip (2 years ago) I took the S4s. Can't help wondering how it would feel to do the Hwy 1 drive in an Aston Martin Vantage :lol:

Edited by fmxa

WOW its amazing, i cant wait to get there next year, break out the mustang convertibles fish lets ROLL!!!!!

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

I do fear that you will be dragging me back to LAX against my will using cattle-electro-prods and threats of great physical violence!

...and this is without getting into the local 'features'

76621551_9a719ca236.jpg

:lol:

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

Just drove back from San Francisco to LA and thought I'd share the final two pictures to be certain Fishy & Karl come over! Now off to clean the bug splatter off the car. :thumbsup:

bss1mq6.jpg

bss2qg1.jpg

Awesome!

The current plan is to book the flights in July (for about March next year) so from then onward we will all be 100% sure we're going! ;) It's looking like there will be 5 or 6 of us :)

What are some good areas arond LA that don't cost the earth but aren't demilitarised zones like Compton or Inglewoooooood?!

im off to "da hood" fish, thinking the right colours may be important. i was going for pink

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

When you guys have firm dates let me know and I'll figure something out!

• 2 weeks later...

mmmMMM straight roads in uk,,,start of the m42 i find a great straight road at

5am LMAO, ok no scenary but at 1#00000mph you only see a bridge or 2 ha ha ha

(so i hear from ppl)

paul you wait till i max out a hummer/escalade on the way to the canyon, then

take it off road, ssshhh dont tell "da fish" lol

Edited by karluk29