Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
A Tyre’ring affair - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

A Tyre’ring affair

Hi

Just a heads up really guys. Recently picked up a puncture in my Exige 350. It was the rear that went and was a Michelin 265/35 ZR 18 (97Y) anyway long story short....there are apparently none in the UK and Michelin and pulling out of making them so they say. My good friends at Oakmere managed to source me one in Europe but just putting on your radar guys. If another goes, might mean swapping two :-( 

1A09702F-34BD-4918-BD86-D52A8E03175D.jpeg

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
23 hours ago, FK278004 said:

there are apparently none in the UK and Michelin and pulling out of making them so they say

This is a bit difficult to believe. Also seem to be in stock in Camskill - https://www.camskill.co.uk/m61b0s66p128247/Michelin_Tyres_Car_Michelin_Pilot_Sport_Cup_2_-_265_35_R18_%2897Y%29_XL_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_E_Wet_Grip%3A_C_NoiseClass%3A_2_Noise%3A_71dB

Yep very nice colour, wife was very keen on it when I was ordering mine - it looks like you've taken the red bits off, certainly on the scoops, looks much better without

I'm on vacation right now but should get the information soon about this tyre size. As Exige 350 does not come with cup2 as a fitment, will have to check. 

Anyway, cup2 will still exist in a near future and plans are not to reduce is size line up. 

Concerning Cup2 R as mentionned on this topic, It's going to be launch very soon officialy. It is first going to be an OE fitment only with a limited size line up. 

19 hours ago, Arun_D said:

I believe the Cup2 R is on the way. Certainly, the 991.2 GT3RS at Festival Of Speed was wearing a set.

At the price and soft compound of the Cup2 R, I hope they still make the Cup 2!  I'm going to use Trofeo R for my next set of tyres, be interesting to go back to them and see how they compare to the Cup 2...

On 21/08/2018 at 15:03, Alan H said:

I have emailed Michelin and will let you know what they say. 

Reply from Michelin:

"Regarding your query, for the availability of the MICHELIN Pilot Sport Cup2.

MICHELIN still produce the Pilot Sport Cup2. 

The tyre size 265/35 R18 that you are looking for is available in our system, but it may mean you checking a few dealers, as we do not have access to the dealers stock.

I have contacted our warehouse to find out if we have any Pilot Sport Cup 2 in stock, and they do, so they could be ordered through your local certified MICHELIN dealer."

Edit: I thought my Car had Cup2's but now realise it has the  PS4's. Oops. 

• Like 1

On 20/08/2018 at 21:40, FK278004 said:

I’m just letting you know what National Tyes and the parts chap at Oakmere told me! Do with the information as you please!

It's cool buddy sorry for the way it may have come across as a lot of folks questioning you all at once lol

Comments where most likely pointed at the dealer... we've all had our experience of dealers and lotus 'fibbing' to suit their needs or short falls. Hopefully see you on track very soon!

www.alias23.com

Seems to be a lot of talk about the Cup2 on here. Just to clarify my tyres are the Pilot Sport 4, these are the ones that are apparently causing issues. Don’t know if the responses above are the same for the PS4, I’m still waiting for my tyre....actually glad it’s raining! 

On 22/08/2018 at 11:49, rallyesax said:

Trofeo R is competitor to Cup2 R 😉 but a feedback vs 'normal' Cup2 will still be interesting on your cars. 

I'd be very interested in these new Cup2 R tyres in 225/45 or 40 /17 and 285/30/18 - anyone know if they will make?  I thought they were just fro Porsche RS thingies.

32 minutes ago, FK278004 said:

Just to clarify my tyres are the Pilot Sport 4

I did not know they are now also fitting PS4 - mine came with Pirellis back in September last year and 380/430 were supplied with PSC2. May be a good reason for you to change to PSC2 :thumbup:

15 hours ago, 550superfast said:

I'd be very interested in these new Cup2 R tyres in 225/45 or 40 /17 and 285/30/18 - anyone know if they will make?  I thought they were just fro Porsche RS thingies.

See my comment above. You are right, it is first gonna be a Porsche and then other car makers OE exclusive fitment. So no replacement market at first. Anyway, I don't think 17" will ever be a size target for cup2R. 

15 hours ago, vd9 said:

I did not know they are now also fitting PS4 - mine came with Pirellis back in September last year and 380/430 were supplied with PSC2. May be a good reason for you to change to PSC2 :thumbup:

I m pretty sure they don't. It is still Pirelli as OE fitment on the 350 I believe. @FK278004 tyres must be replacement tyres already. On this size, is it PS4 or PS4S that you got supplying problems with ? 

On 24/08/2018 at 09:07, rallyesax said:

I m pretty sure they don't. It is still Pirelli as OE fitment on the 350 I believe.

Nope my 350, and every other 350 I’ve seen new this year has PS4. OPs was Jan build, mine Apr, both on PS4’s.

OPs was on  PS4’s when still sitting in the delivery tape, same as mine

17 hours ago, MrP_ said:

Nope my 350, and every other 350 I’ve seen new this year has PS4. OPs was Jan build, mine Apr, both on PS4’s.

OPs was on  PS4’s when still sitting in the delivery tape, same as mine

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't know. We didn't do a specific development there, so it means they took an existing tyre we already had. That's why we didn't see it here. 

By the way, on Lotus Web site, if you go on the 350 data sheet. It's still written that it comes with Pirellis 😂

Anyway, we are reinforcing our collaboration with Lotus this year. So great things will come out of that I'm sure 😊