Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Sport 300 + Brands Hatch = Magic - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Sport 300 + Brands Hatch = Magic

Bibs

I thought the 300 was hand laid composite. T4 turbo and zf dropped in favour of general road conditions. I think there were 64 made.

The S4s is very similar and put the 3 in all conditions, there would be little in it. I think the power steering made the esprit complete. As far as values, its about desirability whatever the numbers. My fave is the Essex dry sump.

I have to ask myself - 'do I feel lucky'?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the 300 was hand laid composite. T4 turbo and zf dropped in favour of general road conditions. I think there were 64 made.

The S4s is very similar and put the 3 in all conditions, there would be little in it. I think the power steering made the esprit complete. As far as values, its about desirability whatever the numbers. My fave is the Essex dry sump.

It is, as far as I know too.

Though I can't imagine a thinner body than my car has (some places are paper thin...), like around the door latch. And only a 1/16" around the boot.

Since I've cut a '97 V8 in half (almost) I know the fneders are over 1/4" thick, very strong.

The Lotus compact LSD (helical gears like a Quaife) are a better choice for a road car. The ZF clutch type is better for racing as it is more adjustable, and works even when one wheel is off the ground. Though it does eventually require a rebuild.

The road X180-R's have a normal T3, so not as good as the Sport 300, but that's relatively easy to upgrade...

I've driven a Sport 350 (USA version), '03 V8, a few 89-non SE, a few 90 SE's, and a few X180-R's, well and my 89SE, and I have to say I like the manual steering racks the best. Though the best shifter goes to the Sport 350 and '03 V8.

I do like my car with the Esprit V8 wheels and alignment settings the best, the SE's normally had toe-in, I went with 0.1deg toe-out and it made all the difference in the world. Totally transformed the car, even more than the V8 wheels.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Great video, Rob and Bibs. Nice to see the pure speed of the car compared to others. How many times did you lap that BMW?

Sooooo. The question is, Bibs. When are you going to let Rob take you round Brands in your car to see how it compares?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

I do like my car with the Esprit V8 wheels and alignment settings the best, the SE's normally had toe-in, I went with 0.1deg toe-out and it made all the difference in the world. Totally transformed the car, even more than the V8 wheels.

Front or rear? 0,1 deg toe-out isnt the car pretty nervous if this is at the front

I have tryed several diffrent setting in the front near Neutral toe is very good for track use but for road use the stock toe-in is best here on the uneven roads we have.

I have also increased the caster that also improved grip on the track.

Where do I find the V8 wheel allignment settings?

Edited by rydning

89 Lotus Esprit Turbo S

Very fast road and trackday car.

GT3076R+ a lot of other modifications.

http://lotusespritwo...inZzdningz.html