Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
windscreen washer tank leak - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

windscreen washer tank leak

The washer fluid tank on our Evora has started leaking, upon further investigation I see that the gormmet that seals the pump into the tank has perished.  I know the pump is also used on a Land Rover & Range Rover, but Euro Car parts don't stock them, does anything else use it?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Bib's, it's 15, I was just trying to get one locally this weekend while Ive got the front stripped down.  Guess I'll just have to fudge it until I get one from Lotus, need a couple of other bits anyway.

I got one recently online, ended up being the pump leaking internally then out round the connector. I will find the part number,  mine came with pump and grommet, the grommet seemed a little deeper than the original one.

Gav 

Cant find the part number now, it's off an mgf, I got mine from mgoc spares. Mine was the later type part 8a above. If yours is the same, it's a bit of a pain to get to so would do the pump at the same time for what it's worth.

Gav 

Update.  I was in Norwich this week so popped into Stratton Motor Company to order said grommets, to be told on pre 400 Evora's the grommet or pump is not now listed as a separate item and you have to order the entire washer bottle assembly at £78 + VAT.  So either Rover or Land Rover item it is then.

• 2 years later...

Apologies in resurrecting this thread but the grommet has gone on my pump. Does anyone know if the part is available from a non lotus manufacturer? Happy to buy the pump too if it comes with the grommet. 

Cheers