Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Mega problem? - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Mega problem?

macey

Hello, I have a 2013 Elise S (2ZR-FE engine). Glanced inside the other day and noticed that the immobiliser was not flashing, "strange" I thought. Battery flat? Only did 1,500 fault free fantastic miles in it two weeks ago. Took the front panel off today and jumped a fully charged battery to it. Nothing! Can't  open the door, can't get into the engine compartment either. Alslo noticed that the RPM counter is stuck at 2,500 rpm. Looks like a major ECU/computer failure to me. Any ideas here? What the fcuk am I going to do? Help much appreciated.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I'm not sure as I don't know the Elise layout, but if you could jump it, can you get access to the battery?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 2 weeks later...

I finally managed to get into the car, I jumped it with a fully charged battery via the two jump points under the front panel. Couldn't undo the driver door from outside, undid passenger door and removed roof. Only remaining problem is driver door only opens from inside. Tried key in lock, wont turn anticlockwise from vertical.

Door only opens from inside, help appreciated.

• Gold FFM

That really sounds like a mechanical issue with the door tumbler. I can't see how a power issue could muck up something that is essentially mechanical.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Does the resistance feel different on the driver/pax doors, pressing the button? You can tell if the deadlock are engaged this way, there should be no resistance if they are.

Trying putting the key into the drivers side with the door pin all the way up and try twisting the key again? It's hard to pull up, but do it. 

You can also try cycling the CDL switch on the centre control (rocker switch) to see if that makes the pin go up?

Also, remove the key from the ignition, remove the battery negative and charge the battery. When you remove the charger and reconnect the battery negative the rev counter should reset.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Sorted, found out how to unlock with key (even though never have locked it with the key). Key in lock, button in, turn to right. End of problem. To summarise, flat battery, jump lead not connected properly due to restricted access on car 'jump posts', Second attempt disabled immobiliser, opened passenger door, took roof off because couldn't get in via passenger door due to restricted access, got into car after opening driver door from inside, figured out how to unlock driver door with key.:)

Edited by macey
clarification
  • Like 1