Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LED Headlights - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

LED Headlights

Hi

Now I am not much of a poster more of a lurker but i want to share something with you guys.

I have a Lotus Elise s1 with the start of the dreaded headlight corrosion on the inside chrome. I did do a lot of searching on forums about replacement headlights but not at £119.94 each from Elise parts, now I found a company that had LED headlights for the Elise s1 but was not sold mainstream YET But they did sell me a pair with the 3 clamping clips now the 3 headlight clamps were not standard & i had to modify them a little myself. Now even after modifying the clips to fit snugly it was still a little tight to fit so now i post some pics for you to decide yourselves.

Oh & it was only 1 headlight with a bit of corrosion, they still passed an M.O.T & i wanted to go down the route of the LED anyway1834993751__57(6).jpg.1f3ccc514a4357f1b1207c510fd2423e.jpg

Before the LED lights. Notice the passenger headlight with the corrosion1106311748_20180917_101633-Edited.thumb.jpg.5718a7de29e62968a118f383c0e8ee8d.jpg

After20180828_150512.thumb.jpg.3c69fe61d9797a70868b6946bc33b46b.jpg

& this is the actual LED headlight. now it does have the sidelight in them notice the little led between the two circles, that's the LED sidelight

Love them or Leave them YOU decide

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Welcome to TLF Stevie. :welcome: 

Have you got any photos with both the old and the new lights turned on? I don't think they look bad actually.

You should duck over to the Introductions section and say hi in there as well. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

I just had another look at the pictures and the spotlights seem to match up with the headlights. The indicators look like the poor cousins now.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

ye i agree the driving lamps or spotlights is another story i am currently upgrading them to LED too they too have sidelights. If you look closely at the 2 pics you might see that they are different

unfortunately i haven't fount alternative front indicators for the Elise s1 so i think they might be staying as is

Edited by Lotus Monkey

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has anyone tried to replace bulb so with the Osram nightbreakers sold on Elise parts?

It feels like it could be a valuable improvement for not much money.

how difficult is the switch/can it be done without removing the wheels?

• 5 months later...

Hi Lotus Monkey,

can you tell me whether or not the installation was difficult/easy/...? would you have some kind of a tutorial on how to do it?

Many thanks for the video and your experience feedback

I have already tried the osram nightbreakers with a small (really) upgrade for the nightvision. you really wonder where the claimed 20% additional lumens are

2 hours ago, Petrolgeneration said:

I'm also really looking for a decent headlight option for a 2019 Cup 250. Very interested if anyone can help me get started!

I found following other cars was quite useful...

• Haha 1

Black n gold