Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Breaking Lotus Eclat 1975 - Cars/Parts For Sale - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Breaking Lotus Eclat 1975

V8-ESPRITS3

Breaking Lotus Eclat 1975
Has been stood for over 20 years!

You guys can have first dibs on items before it all goes on greedbay. Fair price please!

Chassis was rotten at front anti-roll bar mounts and rear cross member (looks like that section unbolts anyway?)

interior was pretty rank other than the dash which is good along with the steering wheel.

Both door beams rotten was the main reason it was taken off the road.

I now have an Aqua Blasting Machine and was the reason for buying it and probably paid too much but wanted to show off want the Aqua cleaning to do.

I see a steering wheel on greedbay for over £800!!! WTF what are they really worth?

and any holy grail items I need to look out for? The windscreen upper and lower trims and bent and dented which I believe are sought after. (shame)

can do a good deal on Aqua Blasting for anyone doing a full restoration on job lots.

Could not post in the for sale section just get error! still running windows XP LOL!

This site can’t provide a secure connection

www.lotusforsale.com uses an unsupported protocol.

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH
Edited by V8-ESPRITS3
to add error message

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 15/10/2018 at 20:30, V8-ESPRITS3 said:

I see a steering wheel on greedbay for over £800!!! WTF what are they really worth?

Elite and Eclat steering wheels are usually worth less than £50. Are you sure it wasn't a steering wheel for the 1960's Lotus Elite?

1 hour ago, Dunc said:

Elite and Eclat steering wheels are usually worth less than £50. Are you sure it wasn't a steering wheel for the 1960's Lotus Elite?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401617378056?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

no same as mine and mine is in better condition

Do you still have the airbox? I'd like to replace the K&Ns on mine with the standard setup.

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

I have one Filip, but it's spoken for along with some other interior parts, just got to try remember who it was for lol.

£800 for an eclat steering wheel?!?!?!

that's just a ridiculous price, I bought one recently in better nick than that for £40.

If he gets £800 for his steering wheel I'll walk to Ireland to shake his hand.

• Haha 1

Gents the Elite wheel is mine, donated to me by a supporter of my series. I figured I'd keep cash out of the equation so listed it at €1000 to ensure no one bid on it. Read the ad ffs, hell... just read the title 😂

For the record Rob I don't think yours is in any better condition than mine, whereas the colour on yours looks great, the leather looks to have had plenty of use, the leather is incredibly smooth and supple on mine and it's because it's had so little use that the slightest rub creates a nap in it almost like velvet. If you have any of the things listed on my ad, lets talk.

Edit; ebay listing now a little more 'quick browse' friendly.

1 hour ago, GTK said:

Gents the Elite wheel is mine, donated to me by a supporter of my series. I figured I'd keep cash out of the equation so listed it at €1000 to ensure no one bid on it. Read the ad ffs, hell... just read the title 😂

For the record Rob I don't think yours is in any better condition than mine, whereas the colour on yours looks great, the leather looks to have had plenty of use, the leather is incredibly smooth and supple on mine and it's because it's had so little use that the slightest rub creates a nap in it almost like velvet. If you have any of the things listed on my ad, lets talk.

Edit; ebay listing now a little more 'quick browse' friendly.

I love your YouTube channel George. Your time lapse sequences are a great way of showing progress but must take a long time to do! Nice to see a lotus being restored in video and faith a bit more charisma than serge sleurs Europa project.

Cheers Mike! Man I'd forgotten about Sleurs Motorsport, was watching his Europa stuff early on, would love one. The lapse stuff takes a bit of effort but it's worth it and keeps my mind in it.

On 17/10/2018 at 13:04, Dunc said:

mine sold on greedbay for £81

• Like 2

3 hours ago, alan.phillips said:

I'm after rear hubs and drive shafts.Are they still available and if so what condition are they in?

I still have them will have a good look and get some pics when I go over workshop next