Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Uprated Drivetrain Mounts - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Uprated Drivetrain Mounts

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, alias23 said:

Just installed these mounts yesterday and updated my build thread with details.

Wondering if the mysterious "chirp" we all have at "spirited driving and shifting gears" is down to the engine mounts.  For sure it's not the belt slipping IMO.  Keep us posted Imran.

On 10/11/2018 at 11:32, Kristof Thys said:

Wondering if the mysterious "chirp" we all have at "spirited driving and shifting gears" is down to the engine mounts.  For sure it's not the belt slipping IMO.  Keep us posted Imran.

Same here, before going inokinetic, would be good to know how much this improve the shifting .. 

I ordered the 75A version as well and will soon know how it feels, but I guess it will take until next trackday before I can give a full verdict - i.e. next spring

35 minutes ago, #84 said:

I ordered the 75A version as well and will soon know how it feels, but I guess it will take until next trackday before I can give a full verdict - i.e. next spring

I’ve added a bit of initial feedback in my build thread in the projects section. I would say the fitment is not great and does require modification. Hoping this week some dry weather so I can test a bit as not had chance as of yet. For sure there is a differance!

www.alias23.com

@alias23 Did you (or the workshop) change the engine mounts with the engine/gearbox still in the car? If so, do you think the fitment would be less painful while mounting the engine in the car? 

I know how painful wishbone bushings could be to fit, laying under the car with hub, strut, brakes etc pushing everything in the wrong direction. I guess swapping V6 engine mounts in a Lotus isn't dramatically easier