Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
ABS solenoid control and autobleed - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

ABS solenoid control and autobleed

• Gold FFM

As some of you know I have been trying to figure out how to control the ABS hold and release solenoids used in the powermaster IIIA.

I recently bought an ABS cardridge from Sanj and also obtained a Tech 1 scanner, so I could start to monitor the communication going on between the Tech 1 and the ABS computer.

At the moment I have figured out the commands that need to be used to activate and deactivate all hold and release solenoids. I also recorded the order in which these solenoids are activated during the fast bleed procedure used in the Tech 1.

I have implemented the commands needed to control the solenoids in the latest version of Espritmon (version 3K) which I put on my website (which still refers to it a 3J, but the executable itself will report 3K). I have not updated the manual yet, but for those eager to try here are the commands:

current key assignments in the ABS screen mode

lf=left front

rf=right front

1: lf hold on

2: rf hold on

3: rear hold on

4: lf release on

5: rf release on

6: rear release on

0: de-active current solenoid

! (shift 1): lf hold and release on

@ (shift 2): rf hold and release on

# (shift 3): rear hold and release on

On the graphics screen you should see the status of the feedback from the solenoids change after a key is pressed. You should also hear the clicks. Do not keep a solenoid active to long !!!! so press 0 in time.

This is the sequence that is used by the Tech 1 (starts after confirmation that the brake pedal is pressed halfway and takes about 70 seconds):

1. lf release on,off

2. rf release on,off

3. rear release on,off

4. lf hold and release on,off

5. lf hold and release on,off

6. lf hold and release on,off

7. rf hold and release on,off

8. rf hold and release on,off

9. rf hold and release on,off

10. rear hold and release on,off

11. rear hold and release on,off

12. rear hold and release on,off

13. lf release on,off

14. rf release on,off

15. rear release on,off

16. lf hold and release on,off

17. lf hold and release on,off

18. lf hold and release on,off

19. rf hold and release on,off

20. rf hold and release on,off

21. rf hold and release on,off

22. rear hold and release on,off

23. rear hold and release on,off

24. rear hold and release on,off

So for those of you without a Tech 1 who normally would switch the ignition on/off for 10 times while pressing the brake pedal (Tech 1 fast bleed alternative stated in the maintenance manual) , you can now do it through software.

In a future version I plan to automate the sequence ;-)

Have fun

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic