Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige Sport 410 - how good? Part 2 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige Sport 410 - how good? Part 2

Chris Onelevenr

I’m considering a 410 so I’m following your posts. Is the 410 any more track friendly than my lovely 380?

i spoke to asalesman at one of the well known dealerships on Friday and he’s trying to tell me the 410 and 430 cup can get on most uk circuits without a problem mmmmm! I think he’s wrong .

cheers

Richard

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Forkhandles said:

I’m considering a 410 so I’m following your posts. Is the 410 any more track friendly than my lovely 380?

i spoke to asalesman at one of the well known dealerships on Friday and he’s trying to tell me the 410 and 430 cup can get on most uk circuits without a problem mmmmm! I think he’s wrong .

cheers

Richard

None of the 380’s, 410’s or 430’s can pass static tests as they will all hit over 105db with or without a TI exhaust but if it’s is a drive by test then thats another matter.

Most circuits operate a noise meter around circuit and you can short shift where they are and doesn’t really detract from your enjoyment!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

First wash of the car yesterday. I really don't like that part of car ownership but thought that I'd better maker an effort as the car was absolutely filthy. Invested in a mitt, shampoo and wheel brush. An hour or so later the car looks magic again. The 600 mile service is booked for next Monday with a few items on the list to be sorted out. One slightly weird observation is that the car somehow seems quicker with the exhaust closed (<4500) as the speed picks up really quickly but with almost no apparent effort. 

• Gold FFM

I also experienced the same sensation of "car quicker with exhaust quiet" - perhaps it was just a placebo as you hear all the other noises that much more?

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Chris - do you have a 'clunk' on the rear suspension when going over a small pothole? Apparently all 410s do it, but I have it and a demonstrator at Silverstone has it, but I cannot find anyone else and I am becoming concerned, I am being fobbed off!

1 hour ago, Stewie177 said:

Chris - do you have a 'clunk' on the rear suspension when going over a small pothole? Apparently all 410s do it, but I have it and a demonstrator at Silverstone has it, but I cannot find anyone else and I am becoming concerned, I am being fobbed off!

Hi Stewart,

did you demo the cyan blue one at silverstone?

• Gold FFM
12 hours ago, Stewie177 said:

I've not noticed a clonk on my car. Did you have the vibration issue I have described?

35 minutes ago, Chris Onelevenr said:

I've not noticed a clonk on my car. Did you have the vibration issue I have described?

Nothing on the vibration, even at post-run in speeds. I think it's likely a wheel balance, mine feels very stable

19 hours ago, Stewie177 said:

My 380 Cup is doing this, only up to 260 miles at present, it has done it since leaving the show room. It has the nitron 2 ways. What does your 410 have? My 350 Sport didn't do this.

21 minutes ago, k20Rob said:

PS Mine is when the shock extends to drop in to the hole or a large join in the road. Not on compression. 

Had this on mine and dealer looked at it . Couldn’t find anything wrong and after a few hundred miles it disappeared 👻.

The foibles of owning a Lotus 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, k20Rob said:

My 380 Cup is doing this, only up to 260 miles at present, it has done it since leaving the show room. It has the nitron 2 ways. What does your 410 have? My 350 Sport didn't do this.

I am on the 3 ways

15 hours ago, Tex said:

Had this on mine and dealer looked at it . Couldn’t find anything wrong and after a few hundred miles it disappeared 👻.

The foibles of owning a Lotus 

I wish mine would disappear, it goes strongly against my fixer personality...

(I bet you don't see 'foibles' used in many other car forums - yet another nice part of Lotus ownership)

16 hours ago, k20Rob said:

PS Mine is when the shock extends to drop in to the hole or a large join in the road. Not on compression. 

Having thought about it, mine may do this - I will have a listen on the way home (pending snow)

• Gold FFM

As Lotus are now offering 3 years free servicing I'm not expecting to pay but I've not check the detail. However, I'm having a repair job done plus some additional ppf fitted so It'll cost me plenty.

1 hour ago, Chris Onelevenr said:

As Lotus are now offering 3 years free servicing I'm not expecting to pay but I've not check the detail. However, I'm having a repair job done plus some additional ppf fitted so It'll cost me plenty.

Repair job and ppf? Did you catch it on something? 

3 hours ago, Chris Onelevenr said:

Mine is on the three years free servicing and I asked when buying and I was told it would be included. Ive not checked anything in writing though.

On 31/01/2019 at 12:33, k20Rob said:

It is the posting running in service on a new car where they change the oil and give it a once over. You pay and it covers the labour and service items such as the oil.

isnt this at 1000 miles rather than 600?