Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Eltech side skirts fitted - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Eltech side skirts fitted

For anyone considering these. Took 2 months instead of the promised 2 weeks to receive them from Matteo. But now they’re on, I’m really happy. Fibreglass (not carbon), and match the V6 front splitter perfectly. 

22269347-F2ED-46E9-99B2-724F6F412B2F.jpeg

A61822A4-E561-4ED0-8553-830E0C916BBB.jpeg

4A88473F-9227-4862-9024-E1FA59720F8D.jpeg

7D543667-D4AF-43F6-AF51-D46065DE2D1B.jpeg

5CBF40B8-9D27-487B-A68D-A29593207616.jpeg

850F68F1-AADA-4972-9A13-52274AA35CA7.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Would you be able to show the fixings underneath the car? Plenty of finished pictures of skirt options but few that show how they were mounted and what the result looks like underneath. If you have such a pic it would be very helpful. :)

@Gordon S I'm glad you was able to sort things with Eltech and eventually get your order shipped. The car looks great 👍

@Sharky the pics below come from the instructions I send with the sill kits I've been making of late. If you want the full instructions ping me a message and I can email them over. 

sills.jpg.e34d4a10976e70ef6d7012a33146de2c.jpg

sills2.png.f29131e78c5936ca08cb9efd6868b484.png

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

Im taking pre-orders for my next cut in about a weeks time if anyones interested. Non carbon, satin black finish, using plastic vs fibreglass which I find more robust personally.

www.alias23.com

1 hour ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

You message/email them. They have a catalogue but its not always up to date

They seem to use a looks nice but not very practical facebook catalogue and it can be as confusing as hell. They need to simplify the catalogue somewhat or just get a shopping website.

I bought some carbon from them but due to the lack of proper detail/ description ended up with the wrong quality of item. Argh....

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

2 hours ago, MARTIN_S said:

Alias, how much are your side skirts and have you any pictures?

Tried pm'ing but fo some reason it wouldn't work.

Martin S

Just responded to your PM let me know if you didn’t get the info.

www.alias23.com

On 11/03/2019 at 10:49, alias23 said:

@Gordon S I'm glad you was able to sort things with Eltech and eventually get your order shipped. The car looks great 👍

@Sharky the pics below come from the instructions I send with the sill kits I've been making of late. If you want the full instructions ping me a message and I can email them over. 

sills.jpg.e34d4a10976e70ef6d7012a33146de2c.jpg

sills2.png.f29131e78c5936ca08cb9efd6868b484.png

Cool, thanks for that. Are the skirts fixed with adhesive tape too? I also wondered whether the boot holes are all in a straight line or offset. They look to be in the drawing but obviously it's not intended to be a perfect representation. An offset on the fixings would impart more strength potentially. The reason I say this is that there was a video kicking about of someone standing on a similar skirt on a hyper car and ripping it right off. Made me shudder 😉

1 minute ago, Sharky said:

Cool, thanks for that. Are the skirts fixed with adhesive tape too? I also wondered whether the boot holes are all in a straight line or offset. They look to be in the drawing but obviously it's not intended to be a perfect representation. An offset on the fixings would impart more strength potentially. The reason I say this is that there was a video kicking about of someone standing on a similar skirt on a hyper car and ripping it right off. Made me shudder 😉

Probable will always rip off, unless its metal and chassis mounted. Even then I wouldn't test it. They have "No Step" on em for a reason!

5 minutes ago, Sharky said:

The holes in mine are a straight line. I do recommend double sided tape more so for the trial fitting before drilling holes vs for additional strength. The bolts do provide a very firm fit.

You’ll never be able to protect against vandalism regardless of my sills, Eltech, or OEM.

www.alias23.com

Put it this way and no guarantee I’ve got a four year son who comes out with me and he occasionally clips it by accident but never had any damage over the last year or so... 

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

Agree with the above, it’s getting out that’s the risk. I’ve even myself realised at times I wasn’t thinking about the side skirt and could easily have caught it with my foot. 

For getting in, I don’t have any “No step” decals. Maybe I should, especially for passengers....!

46 minutes ago, Gordon S said:

Agree with the above, it’s getting out that’s the risk. I’ve even myself realised at times I wasn’t thinking about the side skirt and could easily have caught it with my foot. 

For getting in, I don’t have any “No step” decals. Maybe I should, especially for passengers....!

I have a pair of Alias23's side skirts complete with "No Step" stickers from a chap on "the other forum" for £5....have a look

IMG_0799.thumb.jpg.0eec682f77c19e535a6ca25d0ca1ab78.jpgIMG_0800.thumb.jpg.9966d40f9bb8fa68f2bd1b859618087e.jpgIMG_0802.thumb.jpg.d62f6f06234547f4433d2500a84fe5fb.jpg

• Thanks 1

Just now, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

@anewtoy I like your flag on the wing! Is it a decal? I guess it wouldn't work with the 350 matte wing :(

Thanks.......I said to the local wrapper who did the stripe that I wanted a black and white union jack as I didn't think the proper flag would look right.   He found a stock image and then played with the design.   He has a good eye me thinks 🙂

• 3 months later...
41 minutes ago, PJ said:

Hey, can you connect me with the 'no step' sticker chap? 

Just use his website: https://divinehandcraft.co.uk/collections/lotus/products/no-step-warning-decal