Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
GARW Display - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

GARW Display

I recently installed the GARW ICS7  digital display and am quite satisfied. However, information and user discussion on the display seems quite scarce on the web, aside a long US Elise focussed thread on Lotustalk. 

So, maybe we can start the Q&A here.

IMG_20190223_154711.jpg

So, starting off the questions:

• Oil sensors: do soemone have recommendations for oil temperature and pressure sensors for the Exige V6?
  • IAT: I would actually prefer to have Intake Air Temperature in place of the AFR-reading. DOes someone know if this is configurable
  • Is it possible to customize / change the screens? I like the Race2 screen, but the red numbers start at 6000 rpm. My actual redline is 7000 rpm, but then the screen pops to 9000 max, wasting too much space.
  • What is the size of the jpeg for the boot screen? 640x480?
  • Like 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Ok, I can meanwhile answer the last question.

The Boot Logo is a PNG-file named BOOTLOGO.PNG with a size of 800 x 480 pixels.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Have you tried the FAQ's on the GARW web site and also his videos on you tube, I do believe some of the stuff asked re configuration is covered there, but it may have been the LotusTalk site you referred to.

I have the 8" version that I need to put on the VX220 - there has been some discussion on their forum too - vx220.org and maybe if you try the Speedster site in Europe (the VX220 was sold as the Opel Speedster in Europe).  You can also also try S.E.L.O.C which has a thread on it too.

I'm hoping to install mine in a few weeks and will look forward to contributing on here too as I go,

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Just now, C8RKH said:

Have you tried the FAQ's on the GARW web site and also his videos on you tube, I do believe some of the stuff asked re configuration is covered there, but it may have been the LotusTalk site you referred to.

I have the 8" version that I need to put on the VX220 - there has been some discussion on their forum too - vx220.org and maybe if you try the Speedster site in Europe (the VX220 was sold as the Opel Speedster in Europe).  You can also also try S.E.L.O.C which has a thread on it too.

I'm hoping to install mine in a few weeks and will look forward to contributing on here too as I go,

I've gone through these sites, but I believe TLF is a good site for owner discussions.

Garw does answer rather quickly, but he must get tired of answering the same questions over and over again.

• Like 1

Looks like a neat install and the cluster housing went back okay? I was debating doing this but was worried about my CF cluster surround being too delicate but yours looks great after install.

My only question, does the odometer reading just transfer straight over to the new dash display without resetting mileage to zero? 

How much fettling did it need to get it in and mounted correctly? 

Thanks. 

5 minutes ago, Andy Norman said:

Looks like a neat install and the cluster housing went back okay? I was debating doing this but was worried about my CF cluster surround being too delicate but yours looks great after install.

My only question, does the odometer reading just transfer straight over to the new dash display without resetting mileage to zero? 

Thanks. 

Hi Andy, you have the ability to set the mileage on the GARW to match the ODO you remove, thereby keeping continuity of mileage I believe however you can only set it once for the obvious reason of people cheating re their total mileage. You can of course just leave it at zero on install and build it up from there if you like. Hope that helps.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

8 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Hi Andy, you have the ability to set the mileage on the GARW to match the ODO you remove, thereby keeping continuity of mileage I believe however you can only set it once for the obvious reason of people cheating re their total mileage. You can of course just leave it at zero on install and build it up from there if you like. Hope that helps.

Ok great. Does that leave it open to falsification? Hmm. Just thinking about questions asked for resale if I do it on mine. Maybe dated photos would help in that case. (Just thinking out loud)

13 minutes ago, Andy Norman said:

Thanks. 

Installation is easy, but setting the display up can take a while.

Re Odometer, you can enter your current mileage manually on the settings page. Just make sure to note the current mileage before removing the OEM display.

Just now, Andy Norman said:

Ok great. Does that leave it open to falsification? Hmm. Just thinking about questions asked for resale if I do it on mine. Maybe dated photos would help in that case. (Just thinking out loud)

Yes, it does track every manual entry.

• Like 2

On 25/02/2019 at 17:09, TBD said:

I've gone through these sites, but I believe TLF is a good site for owner discussions.

Garw does answer rather quickly, but he must get tired of answering the same questions over and over again.

thanks for this post, the GARW display is a subject I'm interested in but previously found very little information about.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 25/10/2019 at 15:02, nordschleife666 said:

Has anyone got the gear indicator values for the Exige EA60 gearbox?  I did have the values for previous Elise with the EC60 gearbox, happy to share

See here

IMG_20190525_113622.jpg

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

I've now installed my IC8 - finally - after buying it when they first came out in September 2017!!!

All fired up perfectly when installed. The binnacle cover is just resting on top until I fix it down properly.  

62TasMSQNE4DsCQObuL7_VQGUyJlLqcgARiPbBz6tD1DbkZ6KctgNT9rF7IuLczRm22nSOk8sduYn8M9qwC4FRFtvOdaFRuHu7Ij2GC97vAMffSdGacmuGdmDWI-occKbImVcsue0n_hT6K3_2N5gGv2GyHc8EhObhi3bQP3pK855ctCKvpoyB8Ptbe2C0Mp3PZXrlLLG4CHqUnbbzXm3nVs-Uc3Lremr6XwzifVpTpJ_aOgKMF2eCtAv4Q62miHKptPH7VLECYtH6eRulD2KC-nyjzdSoxPM12ifqbZKjNoSWDSa8wyYiyJePs7a2GyH8REUq8e1TUE0YOlu_lvRMkUxT0RFzqc9SFYIQejM6fs02zGhkfic2u_6W_DyfERHrf0qYJO-8u5-t6wF4ik_XSHF5gbEpEnZVkkicFBmyQH5CN__RMO6E6XuNFvlOU6_LmW491deAk8Gldi6cWKLNWcYpCi3kF4FJGejOguXMhx5YN7p1t7uPCSGkR036rk-ZrN3ka_NvHz1pzWUifHQYe_gYqJgnkHGj3HY7Zw5_6MDRAGLJmHy1XJjMlFjRpuLMUoRahHgoGoGtP2x6falDBXrSCGe2fjhtvfPy_CUuSXJ3rJXO3X5vuyTHjcJ1AGMd0Rx7N7KgDN48047a8yax5fscKVs7ILNkUV4Ck3pItu1JY652mm0imXjqoTL9c=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0

The small print.

• 1 year later...

Hey guys - quick question - has anyone heard from Alec/GARW in the past year?

Version 4.48 firmware on the IC7 has a few cosmetic bugs that I would love to be addressed.

I've emailed several times over the past 11 months to no avail.

Anyone? Thanks!

Edited by darkSol