Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New car suggestions please - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

New car suggestions please

• Gold FFM

So due to the wonderful Mr Khan and the new extended ULEZ in a couple of years which happens to be right at the end of the mother-in-law’s road I need to replace the Wife’s 330d, which buy the way is perfect in every way for her but it doesn’t comply and will be worth about £12 when this comes in. 

So I had a plan, go petrol maybe hybrid with petrol but def not diesel as I think it will only get worse for them. Yesterday we done the following dealers along with wife response

1. Audi A4 Avant ( no and I definately do not want an estate)

2. Jag XE ( grill to big and its ugly) strangely she liked the Evoke but I don’t do cars like that

3. Merc C and E class ( too bling and I do agree with that which is a shame as I love Mercs although the E63 estate was lovely and S Class Coupe is to die for but that needs a lottery win 

4. So back to BMW 440i Gran Coupe which we both liked and has 300 plus bhp, I didn’t mention that btw. 

So left is Volvo S90 not been to see that yet, any other suggestions are more than welcome, I actually been hankering after a Maserati Ghibli but they are too much money if they are petrol. Budget is 30k 

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Dan E said:

Wife’s 330d, which buy the way is perfect in every way for her but it doesn’t comply and will be worth about £12 when this comes in. 

I hate to see such things happening to a fellow sparky. So - since I’m not in Londonistan - I’ll offer you £200 for that old smoker

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Not very helpful if the A4 avant doesn't get a yes, but I absolutely love my S4 avant. The only thing I can think to replace it with is an RS4 Avant. 

3p97QbW.jpg

Edited by JG220

• Gold FFM

Barry it’s a nightmare, it is a late 2014 so missed the euro 6 by about 6 months! 

There must be a business in buying these really cheap down here and taking them up north. It will literally be worthless in 2 years and worse it is actually a really car 

James I really liked the A4 Avant and the virtual cockpit is brilliant, only thing apart from the missus not liking it I could not find one car in the Audi approved with electric memory seats and that is sort of essential when you both drive the car 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Loving the Alfa but I can’t get past wanting a Quadrifoglio and I can’t afford one of them 

i did suggest an Evora IPS but that appears not to be happening 😡

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

James honestly go on Audi approved A4 Avant and not one has memory seats. 

Barry I was actually sitting in one of them today as one of the dads at rugby is a black cabby, it is actually lovely and the glass roof is cool 

Neal, I promise I can make any type of man maths work but I am talking myself out of it as then it would be getting into Maserati money with a few more quid and I only drive it at the weekend and my wife has zero interest in cars unless it is a speedster 😂 

• Gold FFM

Just had an amazing idea. In fact I reckon it’s pure brilliance.

buy her a Hyundai i10 - and then look back at an Evora 400.

its an investment without any doubt

Only here once

• Gold FFM
6 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Yeah - mine canned that idea really quickly as well

Maybe a sensible low emissions vehicle then F99ED65F-BD40-4702-B483-DBB3410FA23C.jpeg.e22d7cacc0a2bff4564de32d4d53369f.jpeg

What is that “thing” 

• Gold FFM

That’s a Hyundai Kona electric. One of only about 1000 uk cars - all sold and you can’t get one now without paying over list price 🤪.

260 ish mile range, 201bhp with 400nm of torque from the second you touch the peddle. It’s actually bloody good

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Have a look at the Alfa's Dan, I pass a blue Breara every morning, it's like sex on wheels.

My Mrs absolutely loves her 2 series m-sport Beemer, gave her the option to change it recently,  says she can't find anything else she likes, she's keeping it.

9 minutes ago, Dan E said:

Yes but have you actually looked at it 😂

He's only gone and bought it...

• Haha 1