Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Bbq Anyone? - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Bbq Anyone?

Simon350S

Well, back by popular demand...... bbq this weekend at mine....!!!!

BigSi's invited this time.... LOL.......

More the merrier.....

As per usual...... sleeping bags required, and cushions if your gonna sleep on the kitchen floor...!!! LOL (Jon....!! :realmad: )

Think were looking at Fri night, maybe Sat........... maybe both...!!!!! LOL

RSVP

Simon

Edited by Simon350S

Chunky Lover

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rtfm: ditto :rant:

:ice: gutted :no

hoping to get the gearbox out on saturday with the help of a mate from work (clutch dead if you didnt know ) and refit the plenum chamber and rockers i had blasted and etch primed today at work ( painting them tomorrow )

have a good 'n and how about inviting the local police this time? :realmad:

Edited by Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

• Gold FFM

Bugger me. I'm up in Wales this weekend as well. Mates 40th near Tintern - don't know what its going to be like - might come a visiting!

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

No one else???

I'll book the food then...!!!!

To all who can't make it...... I'm sure Phill will drink your share of frozen vodka...!!!!!! and fertilize the lawn with it shortly after...!!!! LOL

Simon

Chunky Lover

Hi all

Looks like the BBQ will be tomorrow night......

If anyone else can make it your more than welcome...... you'll have to give me a call though if you want directions as per usual, no e-mail at home......

07980 541565

Simon

Chunky Lover

oi!!! no cheaping out on me now... bbq tonight, drive about tomorrow and bbq tomorrow night too...

remember i have to be back for cammy tomorrow evening!! or at least i think i have to.. not sure yet.. ;)

Have fun peeps. I'm doing father's Day a week early because next week I'll be at Gaydon, so my daughter is taking me out to see Pirates and other stuff this weekend.

Have a good one you drunken bums! ;)

Any one got a poker table and chips and sealed cards that they could bring?????

Don't you dare play poker without me!! I'll abuse my super powers and rain hell fire down on you all!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

fathers day, yet another marketing escuse by the greeting card industry, what next? the bloke that lives with your aunt day?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Back from a double bonfire/bbq weekend at Simons. Will transfer photos later tonight, mega laugh and crazy evenings.

By the way someone in Admin should rename Simon350s too Shakey350s..... all will revealed.............

Friday 5.20pm

the sun was shining, ellie was clean and packed ready to go and Phil had just arrived. A quicke brew and we were off heading south via the A roads to avoid Brumland. Going was ok to slow as we had lots of rush hour traffic to contend with. Phils esprit nearly got totalled by a white van man as he was overtaking cars and a lorry. The van never saw him and just pulled out, they were 3 abreats with phils right wheels churning up crap on the very right side of the road. Close shave that one, soon to be followed by another. We got separated as missed phil turning, for soem reason his sat nav want to see the centre of ludlow rather than going round it! A quick double back and a caught up with phil in a lay-by. We indicated to pull out and Iwas waiting for a fiat to pass when Phil pulled out, then there was a loud horn , screech of tyres and another near miss!!

Heart attack over we continued south and ETAed our arrival in Abergavenny to meet Si and Bigsi at about 8.30. Once we arrived Si led the way on his bike, followed by Bigsi, then me then Phil. We got about 3 mile out of Abvy and Phil had disappered. (Phil dissappering off the tail was to become a theme during the weekends hoon!). Me and BigSi pulled over to wait and Si double back to find him. 5 mins later they appeared and pulled in Phil only had 1st and 2nd gear available.

Emergency repairs were required...... The bolt to move the selector sideways was the wrong sort and it was loose. A temporay new bolt was put in, tightened up and we had 5 gears again.

DSC00036.jpg

Simon took us on a dusk hoon round Brecon and up by the resevoirs. Great scenery and a real blast. We all took in turns to burn off and come back to convoy as we head round some lovely countryside towards Bedwas (home of the bigsi car build). We arrived back at 11 ish and got straight on to the vodka shots and beer (Bigsi went onto the coke as hes not allowed beer). Simons helmet was well covered in insects. We think our mini hoon as caused a partial extinction in south wales!

DSC00038.jpg

DSC00039.jpg

Off to the pub at 12pm. A couple more beers later and back at 1.15ish..... and thats when the Shakin Stevens evening began. Simon insisted on playing his DVD of the entire collection of Shakeys video hits. We need lots of booze to get through this and so began the LEF cocktail discovery voyage.

DSC00040.jpg

Simon dancing on the table!

Simon trying to protect himself from Shakey videos with Kitchen roll

Simon and Phil doing shakey impersonations

Lots of vodka .........and tequila......

DSC00044.jpg

DSC00041.jpg

DSC00046.jpg

for some reason simon did a shakey impersonation wearing a bin liner. Strange what vodka, tequila, baileys and lime does (yep, this one curdled!!)

DSC00049.jpg

Then came the ultimate shake pose..... getting onto your toes whilst not trying to look like an overweight ballet dancer.....

DSC00056.jpg

More booze followed for the 3 amigos and bigsi flaked out. Time to build a fire. All we had we scraps of wood from the last fire, 5 litres of used 10W60 oil and some gear box oil. As a combition this burns rather well. See Phil toasting his chestnuts by the fire.

Edited by Alex --GT3--

Part 2

More booze followed for the 3 amigos and bigsi flaked out. Time to build a fire. All we had we scraps of wood from the last fire, 5 litres of used 10W60 oil and some gear box oil. As a combition this burns rather well. See Phil toasting his chestnuts by the fire. we tried to wake Bigsi because he wanted a fire, but for some reason at this time he told us politely to F...off!

DSC00060.jpg

It was at this point we tried to wake Bibs up to explain what fun he was missing out on. It was about 3.00 am if I recall. More vodka, cranberry and orange and we saw the first signs of daylight.

DSC00066.jpg

then victory was ours we made daybreak about 5.00am

DSC00065.jpg

The fire was getting low and so Phil went scavenge more now that we could see things but got his nuts caught on the fence!

DSC00071.jpg

At 5.30ish the evening, no now the morning had me beat and I went to bed. Simon and Phil stuck it out until 8.30am. The house was peaceful much shut eye was being enjoyed until some hairy welsh gorilla went bloody singing salvation army songs whilst bashing a bucket with a broom handle. BigSi decided it was 11 am and that he had slept enough and so it was time to start our Saturday esprit activities. Welsh Bar Steward came to everyones mind.

Still we all surfaced, took an or so to get going and then began day 2!!!!! Pretty surreal and very enjoyable evening was had by all.

Edited by Alex --GT3--

boom boom boom!!!!

Stand up, stand up for Jesus, The trumpet call obey; Forth to the mighty conflict, In this, His glorious day.

boom boom boom!!!!!!!!!!

he-he, repeated in all 3 rooms!!!

try waking me up 10 times while im trying to sleep and see what happens boyo!!

it was a good weekend, i came back early because i had left my medication at home, not long after the bbq i wasnt feeling well and barfed everything back up, needless to say i needed me mads so simon drove me home. (lesson learned.. remember meds when i go somewhere)

enjoyed the driving, finally got the car upto some nice speeds and she drove very well.

Edited by bigsi

Well....

Another FAB weekend.....!!!!!

Found it very funny Sat, just before we were all about to go out for a drive......

All 3 Esprits were cleaned free from Friday evenings flies (several thousand...!!!) while I was changing BigBoys's oil, and fixing Phils gear linkage.... Si decided he would finally try to align his drivers pod.....

Flip up the lights..... :):) oops.... think you missed a bit guys...!!!!! :)

The lights on all 3 Esprits were literally covered in flies....!!!!! Vas very funny, out with all them cleaning rags again guys....!!!!

Kept loosing Phil on saturday, you really do need to keep up boy....!!!! LOL

Although Friday night saw me Burning off all 3 cars on my piddly little motorbike...!!! Te he he.... Bike was perfect for marshalling everyone and keeping all on the same roads...... from stopping to direct them at roundabouts, to blasting back to the front to take the lead (and keep everyone togeather...)

Pretty much finished off my back tyre in one evening...... melted scrubbed rubber and very little in the way of chicken strips left by the time we got home...!!! LOL all fun, especially as we managed to keep to the speed limits everywhere we went....... (dont condone speeding officer...!!!)

Shame some couldnt make the trip down..... Esp Louise :P

Roll on the next meet......!!!!!!

Although many more of these and my car wont ever be done...!!!! LOL Think i need to spend some time behind the green door.....!!!!!

Shaky signing off...!!!!! With Love.... xxxx

p.s. my appologies to Alex and his lovely GT3.....

I was granted the priveledge of driving the last 4cylinder Esprit to leave the factory, and asked to give some feedback on how it drove..... :whistle:

It drives very nicely I informed Alex on arrival at Punkys place.... Although strangely wasn't offered the keys for the rest of the journey.. :)

Found out round the BBQ later that evening that I apparently exceded Alex's comfort zone... 'does he realise this aint his car' thoughts were running through his mind on the stretch of road beween my house and the M4, nice little road as those who have visited will no doubt vouch.....

Sorry Alex.... Wont do it again i promise.... Although it REALLY DOES drive nice...!!!!! :)

Edited by Simon350S

Chunky Lover

Although Friday night saw me Burning off all 3 cars on my piddly little motorbike...!!!

Ahem! If it hadn't been for some numpty biker who kept parking it on the corners, I'd have been much quicker. :)

Another fine write-up Alex, and another cracking weekender. Eco-friendly too - no landfill needed when LEF's around :) Discovered that patio chairs make excellent (but very short-lived) fuel.

Got to hear Punky's motor running on Saturday - should be lovely once the wrinkles are ironed out and there's plenty of room left in the engine bay for a couple of turbos later on.

Sunday morning (well, it felt like morning), we were watching the Ultimate 50 Really Bad Songs on TV - it seemed to consist of the best bits of Simon's record collection. Simon, how do you hope to get down and dirty with the laydeez when your best shagging toon is Saturday Night by Whigfield?

Heading home, my clutch started slipping :crybaby: , but made it back OK, just in time to watch Lewis doing the biznis in Canada :whistle:

Look forward to doing it again soon. Brecon roads, enough alcohol consumed to keep the Russian economy afloat, great barbies, totally mad fires and top company too - well worth the trip. Maybe next time, we'll actually get round to working on Simon's car.

Phil

PS. In case you were wondering why I'd not been online, I've only just been able to boot my PC - with all the windows closed, my office had got so hot my PC had packed up and refused to boot. It still hadn't cooled down enough by the time I went to bed - 'twas a bit of a scorcher.

More speed, less haste

Phil ! not your clutch aswell mate! bummer :)

really wish i could have been there, maybe next time ( if i ever get the dam car done :) )

Simon, ive got some shiny new bolts here to replace the plenum ones we used for a certain other esp owner :whistle: I will try and bring some other bits with me too, oh, it seems that we have no more 1/2"unf 'short' nuts in stock, they seem to have all been used :)

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)