Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Attn: Uk Residents - Page 2 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Attn: Uk Residents

shadeone

vice versas, yep remember buying them by the sack load, also loved the coconut boost, shame thats has gone

anyone remember horlicks tablets???

love bountys specially just out of the fridge.

to answer my own question earlier in this thread licorice was called spanish in yorkshire especially around pontefract because it mainly came from spain....

mum and dad had a sweet shop when I was a little un , but they sold it and we moved next door to the toy shop when I was nine.. sort of idillic childhood...

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish.. no, but do have a couple of them as electrical clients, but not saying anymore on a public forum

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Is it just me or was the Crunchie "Crunchier" when I was young. I definately remembers it didn't go sticky and stick to your teeth like today.

Agree with Paul C on Topics, Used to be my fave but it's about 1/2 the size now!! Also used to be "A happy birthday to toby?......A hazelnut in every bite!" I had one hazel nut in my last one! Pants!!

Marathon NOT SNICKERS! More nuts, better nougat in the old one.

Club Biscuits!! OH GOD I used to go gaga for them. Was just looking in the supermarket and couldn't see any of the fruit ones! Last time I had some the chocolate was about half the thickness of before!

I used to eat Brazil nuts in maple coating, Can never find them anymore.

Also used to buy coconut strips coated in like a sugar coating. Found a local shop similar to the one posted earlier in this topic. Based about 15 miles from me. Ordered

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

...everything you needed to know about sweets and chocolates...

Awesome post, just awesome. I take my hat off to you and your product knowledge, Paul... :):)

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

I wanna know what happened to Spira bars, they were amazing!

Petition to bring back Spiras!

Clicky

I had fond memories of Nutty bars until someone eloquently pointed out they looked like a peanut covered turd.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Petition to bring back Spiras!

Clicky

I had fond memories of Nutty bars until someone eloquently pointed out they looked like a peanut covered turd.

Someone I know ...cough...got banned from a swimming pool for letting a picnic bar loose in the pool.

Rich

Firstly, any time is Tiffin time* and are we talking about Mrs Bumble's in Burford?

No, it's the sweet shop further up the hill on the other side - next to Huffkin's Bakery. I can't remember what it's called.

Posted Image

"sure is a mighty chew" Yeah, bring em back.

Whatever happened to Nutty bar as well?

god i would love one of these right now

texanbar.jpg

bring back floral gums and gelatines...

oh and do you have any other names for liquorice , where i grew up on the yorks /lancs border we used to call it spanish..

dont know why

My gran in wakefield called all sweets spanish. If I was good I got 2p to go and buy 4 halfpenny chews from the cornershop across the road. Bliss!

OMG - I remember most of these - Paul your post is somewhat disturbing :whistle: ... Tutti Fruties where officially banned by mum - smell used to really bother her - me and my sisters loved 'em though.

Remember Texan bars as well - How about Twirly Whirlies??? - toffee swirls dipped in chocolate - do you still get them?

Moving on to biscuits - I'll pay good money for a case lot of Jaffa Cakes - Damn I miss those :crybaby:

I think thats them :)

Hmmm - I thought the wrapper was orange for some reason - or maybe that's something else... Just had a horrible thought - that was almost 30 years ago :whistle:

CLUBS DAMMIT! Am I the only one who used to eat them till I was sick?

Orange

Mint

Fruity

Milk Choc

Oh god I'm hungry!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Orange

Mint

Fruity

Milk Choc

Oh god I'm hungry!!

We used to put them in the freezer on a summer's day for a bit, and then completely eat the chocolate off the biscuit. A classic case of 'The Journey Is The Reward'. There were often little pips in the fruit ones, the orange ones always made me sneeze, the milk choc was bland, but the prince - nay king - of all clubs was the Mint.

The mint ones were green, and had a pic of a golf ball on them. In my opinion, sweets have become less fun since they dropped foil as a wrapper - Kitkat, Clubs, ....and breakaways. My fave advert, Eric Idle doing the breakaway ad. </python>Know what I mean</python>

Ver' hungry here too.

Orange

Mint

Fruity

Milk Choc

Oh god I'm hungry!!

I could unwrap a mint club and neatly refold the foil, slip it back in the outer wrapper and put back in the cupboard or plate. hehehehe.

The chocolate was well thick in the old days, now its more like a spray job.

Did anyone else buy the chocolate cigarettes, they were wrapped in paper like real ones and came in cool foil packs. Would be totally banned now, but when I was seven they were cool. Never bought them if mum and dad were around even though they both smoked at the time.

chocolate-cigarettes_small.jpg

Coconut Tabacco was very very cool! i used to love it too!....and yes Alex, I was a fan of the choccy Cigs as well....first time I ate one I thought that it must be rice paper so I ate the lot....... :whistle: I was wrong!

Remember when Candy sticks used to look like Cigs, even with a red end painted on?

Ok then who can remember "Ice Mint Spangles" they where blue in colour with a curious misty white center, which was kind of chewy as I remember :) . I'm sure they only made them for a couple of years, but they where really nice :) .

Martyn :whistle:

Remember when Candy sticks used to look like Cigs, even with a red end painted on?

Yes indeedy... actually preferred them to the chocolate version (never tasted like 'real' chocolate to me).

Think I can vaguely remember those particular Spangles Martyn, although I think I preferred the Olde English variety.

Anyone remember Bazooka Joe bubblegum (you must Kimbers cos it was pink :whistle: )? Each piece came with a paper 'token'; when you'd saved enough you could exchange them for a range of el cheapo gifts.