Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Future of the Evora in the USA - Page 8 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Future of the Evora in the USA

Ccd

Brian Braddock:

The Evora GT is MUCH closer to being launched than the Lotus hypercar which IS mentioned on the website.  And if you are taking deposits on a car, it should at least be on your website as existing.

16 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Wow - seems like some of our cousins over the pond are feeling a tad unloved!  Have you thought about:

1. The USA is NOT the centre of the world for everything and anything (we debunked the earlier comment about the value of the USA market for sports cars earlier in this thread)

2. The USA is a "fragmented" market with not just Federal rules to comply with but also local rules too making life difficult

3. To infer that to just bolt on a couple of airbags and away you go is a bit reckless really - really? In these days when a car has more computing power, sensors and an integrated data platform within it do we really think manufacturers can just "bolt on" essential safety items?

4. Boo hoo - the USA is not the focus of the marketing or product campaign right now - well, maybe, just maybe, that is because Lotus (and Geeley) are looking East and not West? Maybe they see better opportunities there? maybe it is easier to do business there (more commonality on legislation etc?). Maybe it is for a huge number of reasons that the USA is not THE focus right now. After all, you guys seem to buy more home grown sports cars than anything else, and then it's all German for you - based on real sales figures not my bias.

5. In real terms (Corporate world) not a lot of time has passed since the acquisition certainly as far as designing, building mules, testing, certifying, launching brand new car models is concerned. Maybe the web site and the US Market are not, right now, the priorities.

6. They are recruiting like crazy so obviously have a lot of work to do, a lot of plans for the future, a clear idea of where they want to get to etc. maybe they are getting their shit together before they launch products that they will never sell (Have we forgotten the Bahar approach already?)

7. New Hyper car to be launched soon. New model to be launched in less than 12 months. Let's give them a chance eh and see what they do.

Jeez - i thought the Brits owned the world record for whinging and whining.  It seems we've relinquished leadership position to the US too!  :)

Have a cold beer. Put your feet up. Worry about the batting stats in Baseball. Have some faith. Lotus will be back in the USA soon, with the best ever product it has ever made. Me, I'm going to have another cup of tea, keep calm and put the popcorn on...

I did a 15 day tour of China last year and the majority of people on the trip were Americans. Of these a vast majority very very well traveled. To say that they were shocked at China’s progress both in wealth and infrastructure including freeways airports High speed trains, was an understatement. Virtually every car I saw was less than 5 years old, electric cars and scooters. Ferrari’s Lambo's Rolls, McLaren's I saw everyday when in the major cities.

Remember there are 1.3 billion Chinese (476 billionaires ), the population of the US is 327 (US Census Bureau) (585 Billionaires) If you were a Chinese Billionaire wanting to invest in growing market which would you choose to focus on.

Edited by au-yt
  • Love 1

LOTUS has done extremely well give the budget that have had, and virtually no input from the Malaysians.

Change will take time I'm sure there will be a significant turn around not just in the US but the rest of the world, we all wait patiently with nice beverage of choice.

Edited by au-yt

2 hours ago, ByJoveByJingle said:

Things I’ve learned on forums: there are very unpleasant people on both sides of the pond. 

So no different to real life then. Funny that....

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

20 hours ago, au-yt said:

I did a 15 day tour of China last year and the majority of people on the trip were Americans. Of these a vast majority very very well traveled. To say that they were shocked at China’s progress both in wealth and infrastructure including freeways airports High speed trains, was an understatement. Virtually every car I saw was less than 5 years old, electric cars and scooters. Ferrari’s Lambo's Rolls, McLaren's I saw everyday when in the major cities.

Remember there are 1.3 billion Chinese (476 billionaires ), the population of the US is 327 (US Census Bureau) (585 Billionaires) If you were a Chinese Billionaire wanting to invest in growing market which would you choose to focus on.

Let see, China was and still is being built with America's money and stolen technology. Chinese Billionaires still want to invest in the US first.

Oh please can we stop the blind nationalistic America is the greatest bullshit. Get a grip man. Nations have been stealing technology from each other for thousands of years. They will do for thousands more.

The Chinese and Irish built your railroads that fuelled your industrial revolution for Christ's sake.

China was a civilised nation with the greatest technology and culture 2,000 years before America had even seen a white man (and most Europeans were stuck in the iron age).

Can we please move on from this crap.

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Exactly China was like the Egyptians, Romans, Mayans, England, Spain.......but we are not living in the past like many do. Oh please can we stop the America hate....You responded to my comment, that it was not directed to you. So, sure we can move on.

The topic is future of Lotus in the US. He issue, to keep on topic, seems to be that some of our cousins over the pond are feeling neglected. I am merely pointing out that that is partly down to the US's federal regulations that are making it almost impossible for small volume, reasonably priced, overseas manufacturers to compete in when the market in the US is dominated by greater than 80% US manufacturers sports cars and Porsche.  The rest sell in tiny numbers in comparison. 

16 minutes ago, CharlieBrown said:

Exactly China was like the Egyptians, Romans, Mayans, England, Spain.......but we are not living in the past like many do. Oh please can we stop the America hate....You responded to my comment, that if was not directed to you. So, sure we can move on.

To close the loop. I am pointing out that the tide is turning. Just like it did for those you mention.  I'll butt out.

The small print.

11 minutes ago, tim_marra said:

I hope Lotus never design a car for the American (stereotypical) demographic. SUV anyone?

:getmecoat:

An entry level, hard core new Esprit with a V6/V8 for £130k and kidneys, children, wife and all other non essential items will be sold to get in one. Otherwise it might be an MP4 / 570 spider next in volcano red. 

Or a new vantage convertible....

The small print.

I’ve never understood why SUVs sell so well does anyone actually know? As such I don’t see that it’s now the only way for a sports car maker to broaden its appeal. Lotus sold 30,000+ Elises, introduced the brand to a whole load of new customers and convinced them all of the benefits of lightweight construction. A lesson that everyone else seems to have forgotten - again. Last time Lotus forgot its founding principles, a Japanese car maker made a fortune on a Lotus inspired design with a sports car that is still selling strongly today.

If Lotus go down the me-too SUV route then many in the US will wish they’d bought an Evora GT while they had the chance. I fear Lotus won’t be making cars like the current unappreciated wonders for much longer.

Being like a 400 is a good thing by the way. The car is a marvel. Imagine a faster, lighter version with more grip and better aero? What more was anyone really expecting?

• Like 1

SUV’s are not sports cars and sports cars are not for everyone.

If Lotus can become profitable and it requires them to build an SUV to make the great sport cars they build, then go build baby!

If you have not driven an SUV, I would suggest you try, I have a Jaguar FPace and it’s a wonderful vehicle to drive and for taking trips with the family!

Build that SUV Lotus! Everyone else has!

• Like 2

Yup. Build a SUV for the US and Chinese market. Use the profits to continue to build great sports cars. Everyone will be happy baby.

The small print.

On 25/05/2019 at 10:56, KG said:

As I reflected on my own personal journey and order of the soon to be released model for the US, i want to share some perspective with the same passion expressed on this forum. It has been an up and down emotional roller coaster with Lotus on the Evora for the US market, as reflected in the forum for many of us who appreciate the uniqueness of Lotus, the cars, heritage and its journey to produce some of the finest automobiles driven on the road today. As a struggling Auto Manufacturing company, Lotus has made many mistakes but has managed to survive against incredible odds and hopefully will thrive under the new management team.

With that, I have and continue to believe the Lotus Evora is a unique car in a market that buyers ultimately have many choices and lets be clear, buying a Lotus is a choice we all make with our own money and preferences. I am anxiously waiting to receive my US SPEC Lotus Evora GT and while I still do not have the specific details of the vehicle, I know it is going to be special, fast, phenomenal to drive and rare on the streets. 

For me personally, I want the look and feel of the Evora GT 430 and have taken steps to get my newly ordered vehicle to match the Euro specs by ordering the components that are not coming to the US market for various reasons including regulatory restrictions on the parts!

So, here is the list of items that are NOT standard on the US SPEC Evora GT, front bumper, rear wing, jhook calipers, Öhlins, stainless exhaust. The good news is you can order some as dealer options and others as aftermarket parts if you choose to do so. I really am baffled by comments around not having the same vehicle here in the US and the criticism leveled at Lotus! I respect the diversity of opinions expressed here and the emotional response to the topic as everyone is clearly interested in the success and perhaps some in the failure of Lotus!

I expressed mine with the purchase of a newly minted US SPEC LOTUS EVORA GT! 

I hope many others do as well! Pictures coming as soon as I get the keys!

Kostas

You need to modify and exchange to following items.  GT430 comes standard with Ti exhaust, plexiglass engine firewall window, front winged splitter, under tray, etc., quarter window replaced with cf part (?) some euro cars have, others don't. , interior door cards, lithium battery.  Even my Sport 410 came with more of these lwt bits than the current GT

• Love 1

2 hours ago, pharriso said:

I was in the UK last week, there were plenty of SUVs there as well! Macans, F-Paces etc...

Range Rovers, ...