Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
test drove a 410 seat issue - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

test drove a 410 seat issue

• Gold FFM

currently own an s1 evora and elise s2 .

called in at lotus colchester today, to enquire about a 350..   possibly as one car to replace two..

they currently have a lovely 410 demo that was available for a test drive.. 

i really struggled with the seat, and was experiencing high discomfort in my lower vertebra, it was hurting!  not from an ache or position more lack of padding..i was pleased to get out! .we did swap seats on return to the forecourt  and whilst the lower back section has little or no padding, it definitely seemed much better  in the passenger seat, (no pain) we both felt this was significantly better this side.... im wondering if anyone else has experienced this?  perhaps a small manufacturing defect?  in the drivers side? or just my specific build and bone structure..  whilst wouldnt put me off as its easy enough to get a bit of re trimming with additional padding post  purchase..  i suppose its almost like my elise without the lower back air support  bit pumped up...  or sitting in a go kart without a rib protector on??  

drving my s1 back home with the amazing recaro CS in was like floating in a bed  of cotton wool ..   i immediately took the elise out  my early 2001 and even that felt so much more comfy with no pain...   this even with what are allegedly (not my view)  the less comfy earlier  seats 

very impressed with the sales guy. Matt i think..  nothing was too much trouble, very knowledgable one of the better experiences ive had in car dealerships for sure..

im going to get a 350 priced and specced up,   see where were at, 

thoughts ?

ta

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ah, is that where you were off to when we passed each other?! I think, if you find a car uncomfortable on a test drive, it's not a good idea to splash out the hard earned on it, especially if it's brand new and all the depreciation that means. Don't think any of the V6 exige seats actually have probax inserts any more, although I found mine perfectly comfortable. 

That car's bloody lovely btw (my son's sat in it), although I would say that as it's basically a copy of the colour scheme on my 400!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
7 hours ago, Gashead1105 said:

Ah, is that where you were off to when we passed each other?! I think, if you find a car uncomfortable on a test drive, it's not a good idea to splash out the hard earned on it, especially if it's brand new and all the depreciation that means. Don't think any of the V6 exige seats actually have probax inserts any more, although I found mine perfectly comfortable. 

That car's bloody lovely btw (my son's sat in it), although I would say that as it's basically a copy of the colour scheme on my 400!

Hi will just about got a wave in! , it would be a 350 if i did go for one..  i think the 410 is probably too quick for me  on  the road to enjoy it to be honest, i think i prefer the power delivery and fun of my elise up to 60mph .. the power delivery of the 410 just goes completely mental at 4000 and above..  i imagine would be fun on a track for sure..   

56 minutes ago, 2GOOD said:

Different seats to an Exige 350, 350 seats are less bucket.

ahh cool so different...   thank you,, will see if i can get some time in their 350 demo when it comes avaliable.. 

I noticed the 430s come with this level of adjustment on the runners. I’ve added padding where you commented on in my 410 for similar reason, but might try the runners as it was effective on the evora 410 seats.

88A3A3C0-CD9D-4DF1-841C-272C0EA4AF8E.thumb.jpeg.d4472683b35fb6eb578a2d1e8e53909e.jpeg

Black n gold

1 hour ago, Stubox said:

I noticed the 430s come with this level of adjustment on the runners. I’ve added padding where you commented on in my 410 for similar reason, but might try the runners as it was effective on the evora 410 seats.

88A3A3C0-CD9D-4DF1-841C-272C0EA4AF8E.thumb.jpeg.d4472683b35fb6eb578a2d1e8e53909e.jpeg

These seat fixings are for the Cup R etc, The 430 comes with normal seat runners

Same seats in my Elise 250 Cup, and to some extent I suffer from the same problem. It isn’t an ache, it’s more a grating on my lower spine. For me it’s only a problem on longer journey’s though and I just drop a small folded towel behind my lower back which is fine. For shorter journey’s or track days it isn’t an issue, but on those occasions I use harnesses which may help as you’re more clamped in place and don’t move around in the seat as much.

With the carbon buckets, it’s definitely a case of try before you buy! It may depend on body shape, I’m fairly tall (6ft), skinny and bony.

• Gold FFM

thanks guys seems im not alone then, im gonna rule out anything with these spec seats for the time being..  guess im spoilt with my current s1 evora and elise 2 seats.. which offer more padding..

7 hours ago, andyj007 said:

which offer more padding

I diet of ale and pies and you can add your own padding in a matter of weeks so not sure what the issue is really.

• Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!