Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New solo album: Traction Control - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

New solo album: Traction Control

Vanya

I've got to breathe some life into the Guitar Chat forum on here! 

Luckily, I've just released a new solo album. That oughta do the trick. 

For the last couple of years I've written and recorded a whole heap of songs which has culminated in Traction Control - 12 tracks of instrumental goodness, unfettered by any commercial objectives or the like. Basically, I've recorded the album I wanted to record, without holding back or compromising. The joys of having music as a hobby.

Anyhow, a lot of talented people helped me see this monster through to completion, and though it is a guitar album, there's something on it for everyone. 

Here's a link to Bandcamp where all the material can be streamed (Spotify and other digital outlets are due to follow shortly):

https://vanyamerc.bandcamp.com/album/traction-control

Enjoy, and let me know what you think! I strongly recommend jumping in at the shallow end (Echo, Sleeping in Light) before listening to the rest of the material which can get...intense... at times. 

(If anyone has any tips on embedding the player here I'd be grateful!) 

• Like 2

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

To embed the player you use the embed option on the sharing settings. Sadly that won't help as you need to post it in HTML and only admins can post code, otherwise it would be too easy for spammers to embed malicious code into posts. 

Just listening now, sounds epic :thumbsup:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Thanks Bibs! Hope you like the music! 

18 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Satriani has competition!

Haha thanks man. I actually got serious about guitar playing when my dad dumped a stack of Satriani records on my table after I'd secretly been teaching myself guitar for 6 months. The rest is history. A lot has rubbed off. :D

Satch is a huge part of my listening history too, but I'll never get anywhere close to either of you!

Saw him in about 1991 at the Hammy Apollo, 2-3 years after seeing SRV there...fantastic stuff

Awesome learning and playing, dude! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vanya said:

Haha thanks man. I actually got serious about guitar playing when my dad dumped a stack of Satriani records on my table after I'd secretly been teaching myself guitar for 6 months. The rest is history. A lot has rubbed off. :D

And it shows.

Well done, it’s a very professional album, in my humble opinion.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

On 04/08/2019 at 13:25, DaveyT said:

Saw him in about 1991 at the Hammy Apollo

wow man, he still had hair back then!!!

Thanks for the kind words!

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...