Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Maximum Passenger Weight Exige 350 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Maximum Passenger Weight Exige 350

Hi All,

Looking for some help? Does anyone know what the maximum combined passenger and driver weight is for the Lotus Exige 350 before the handling is impacted and the suspension is damaged?

Would be grateful for some help on this as I couldn't find anything in the manual?

Regards,

Lotus Red

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Any weight has some impact on the handling, but there isn’t a fixed max. And you won’t damage the suspension.

Luckily the Exige provides a natural limit as “big boned” folks can’t enter/exit 😀

20 minutes ago, mik said:

Any weight has some impact on the handling, but there isn’t a fixed max. And you won’t damage the suspension.

Luckily the Exige provides a natural limit as “big boned” folks can’t enter/exit 😀

There is a fix max weight of all cars

Look at the chassis plate and there should be 3 weight figures

First is front axle max in Kgs

Second is the rear axle max in Kgs

Third is vehicle max in Kgs, Remove actual weight of car from the max gives the total permissible load that the car can take (inc fuel , luggage. passengers etc etc)

5 minutes ago, Lotus Red said:

Do you think this would be ok and not damage anything?

Definitely yes, even with all the specifics of the Exige it is still a car :blush:

• Like 1

oh I dunno.........looking at the difference between unladen and laden ......seems like theres an allowance of about 300kg..........

so without luggage thats a couple of stout persons :blink: .......lol

• Haha 1

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

I am 90kg and have driven my Exige (admittedly only for a short distance in the road and not on track) with my large German uncle in the passenger seat who is over 120kg. I could certainly feel the weight but no risk of damage. It was hard changing gear with his massive leg in the way!

its all about the balance.........put the same in on both sides........:D

if youre really pushing on........what do you want to take a passenger for???   :thumbup:

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)