Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
So I Bought An Apple Iphone Today .... - Page 5 - Technology & Gaming - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

So I Bought An Apple Iphone Today ....

fmxa

Another potential upgrade route ..... Carphone Warehouse will let you trade in your existing phone against a new 3gS. For instance an 8Gb 3g is worth

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

Picking mine up at 4PM Mountain time. Looking forward to it as I have been surviving with an iPhone Classic 8GB for the last 2 years. How did I do it you ask? Perseverance and a knowledge that things will get better over time. I do know that next year we will probably see the 4G, 10MP camera with flash and zoom, WiMax access, carbon fiber casing, better resolution OLED screen and 2 week talk time battery life :D . But what would life be without a little hope for something better?

Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by the Italians.

You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot

You think professional is expensive, just wait until you pay for amateur.

Anyone downloaded OS 3.0 yet?

A few people are reporting problems with WiFi post download.

Anyone here had any bad experiences?

Each to his own, but I think I'll wait till free upgrade time rather than dealing with Carphone Warehouse

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Picture messaging didn\'t happen until a few hours later - appart from that it\'s fine, I have no probs at all.

Downloaded FAST today (jet fighter game) bloody superb :)

The copy paste / picture messaging is ace - the search feature is nice too but really it\'s not that much different if you ask me - not bad for free though :D

My misses is getting annoyed with pictures I keep sending her of George Agdgdgwngo :

george_reg.jpg

Heeeellooo Madame...

Edited by Jonathan

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Well in answer to the 3.0 question I downloaded it onto my good ladies iPhone Classic and my classic no problems. Just picked up the 32GB iPhone 3G S and so far exactly as advertised except the cat keeps moving whenever I try the autofocus on him!

Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by the Italians.

All seems fine with mine too, no problems with WiFi and MMS is all setup. I even understand the JB is out for those interested

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

I went online today, and ordered a iphone. Rogers are doing a small saving online, $780+ tax instead of

Edited by Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

3.0 downloaded last week and all good on my 16GB. The only thing putting me off the iphone was the lack of picture sending. But 3.0 does this now. About effin time how embarrasing for them!!

Someone mentioned about taking video footage. What Apps do you need for this for the old phones not the new ones being released.

Also anyone had good results from the the REV OBD wireless? I havent downloaded yet but tempted too :sick:

350.gifNo.23

Well the waiting game is over, i am the proud owner of......... Nothing

I got an email of Rogers, saying that i had not used a canadian credit card for the transaction, so they have refunded me the full price :whistle:

what is worse, that i paid

Someone mentioned about taking video footage. What Apps do you need for this for the old phones not the new ones being released.

Hi Kylie

There are a few apps for the standard 3G that record video but you do need to jail break your phone to use them. Cycorder is the main one and is available via Cydia...This is all free BTW!!

Also anyone had good results from the the REV OBD wireless? I havent downloaded yet but tempted too :sick:

Have you tried Dynolicious?

Edited by internets

Thanks Chris much appreciated. No i havent tried dynolicious about to have a look see, what do you think of it?

No worries, PM if you need any more info on JB.

Not used Dynolicious much but seems very good, Mr Bibs has used it quite a lot tho :sick:

Well the waiting game is over, i am the proud owner of......... Nothing

I got an email of Rogers, saying that i had not used a canadian credit card for the transaction, so they have refunded me the full price :(

what is worse, that i paid

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

After 2 years of sold service my iPhone has started to act up, touch screen not working in certain areas etc. Seems as I may be able to get it repaired for under $100 so I'll try this first before signing another 2 year deal with the devil (AT&T here in the US).

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

I decided as well it was time for an upgrade of my 5 year old razer. The iphone is what I got...I am pretty tech savvy but this has so many gadgets on it; it is simply amazing! I downloaded the dynolicious as well. Any other apps worthwhile.. car or non car related?

I got one!!! A 32gig 3Gs with a silicon cover and screen protector and $30 credit for : $870 (

Edited by Dodgy

there is a pc program for your cmoputer desktop called "diskaid" that allows you to get into the folder structure of your iphone and basically use it as a usb flash drive... if you download an app for the iphone called "fileaid" it works in conjunction with this diskaid program letting you place documents like pdf files on your phone and view them over the phone using the fileaid program which is essentially a multi-format reader....

ive loaded the entire lotus esprit SE parts manual (broken down by sections in pdf), as well as the entire service manual (also broken down by sections as pdf files) and also an excel file of all the stephens model parts cross references.... pretty friggin handy!

reading the pdf files is sometimes slow depending on the file size, but since the majority of my files are individual sections of the manuals, it works pretty smooth... also helps that i have the faster 3GS... i also just saw in todays news that another PDF app was just released called "goodreader" that handles "huge" pdf files so it might be worth checking out...

now, if only we could get an adapter cable and be able to run freescan on these things!

i also jailbroke it and am running psx4iphone (playstation games emulator) and NES3 (nintendo games emulator) and genesis4iphone) sega genesis game emulator).... lotus turbo challenge for the NES and some of the older playstation racing games work pretty damn good!

seriously this thing is like one of the best lotus drivers accessories that you can get... example of good usage for a drive:

- alarm clock to wake you up in time for drive

- check local club message board in morning using safari

- get directions for drive and copy/paste into google maps

- find nearest gas station using google maps and fill up

- check weather/radar using "the weather channel" app

- arrive at pre-drive club meeting point and take pictures/video with camera

- follow drive route using google maps

- listen to music in car using ipod or number of music related apps

- check HP with dynolicious app

- diagnose/fix any problems occuring along the way using pdf file method described above

- arrive at destination and find closest bar/restaurant using number of different "location based service finder" apps

- put new people/contacts in phone for future drives

- reverse directions in google maps and head home

- post pictures and highlights from the drive on LEF and club mesage board with safari

shade

Edited by shadeone

Had to return my 32GB 3G S yesterday as every time I went to use it I got an "Accessory" problem. No amount of Genius Bar help could sort it so it went back to Best Buy and replaced with one that works fine after the restore last night.

Interesting idea on loading up the parts and service manuals!

how do you break the pdf file of the manual into small sections shade? what software??

Thanks

Dave

Hmm still dunno whether to JB my phone, I thought about it when my contract is up but not sure.

Have to look ino that ftp program for the phone, itunes is just the pits

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Hmm still dunno whether to JB my phone, I thought about it when my contract is up but not sure.

Have to look ino that ftp program for the phone, itunes is just the pits

Jon

Out of curiosity why would you wait until the end of your contract? Its easy to 'un jailbreak' your phone if needed. :)

With Redsn0w its a straight forward process and it takes you through each step.

Bricking was an issue in the very early days of JB but you can put your phone into DFU mode and re install the current jailbroken or stock firmware.

Give me a shout if you need a hand :)