Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Replacement Locknut key - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Replacement Locknut key

The Locknut key for my 2011 Evora S has a hairline crack in it so will need replaced - can the key be purchased seperately or will I need to go for a new security set with new 4 new bolts and the key?

Thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Deroure is showing part # A132G0047F for the security bolt kit, so I'm assuming it comes with matching bolts.

Not sure if they're all keyed the same.  I've never actually seen any Evoras with security bolts. 

• Like 1

I think a lot of owners take the security bolts off as the cars are usually garaged and not daily drivers. They are a PITA to be honest.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I replaced mine earlier this year due to the same issue since it is as cheap to buy a new set as a replacement key.

The evo5 set 983/5 as listed on ebay at about £30 fit a treat - I bought them from tdcautomotive who even went and measured them for me to confirm that the bolt heads were the correct (small) diameter to fit the Lotus wheels.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys, I am going to ditch the security bolts and go for a new full set of standard ones. The current bolts are rusting so could do with replacing them anyway. I have purchased these: 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/alloy-wheel-tuner-bolts-BLACK-M12-x-1-5-with-17mm-hex-star-key-Lotus-x-20-/273937899052

Thanks Bruss, they look identical to the OEM shape so hopefully will fit ok.

Do you guys usually jack the car up to replace the bolts and then re-torque when back on the ground or just replace all bolts with the car on the ground one at a time?

Edited by pkn