Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
[PH News] Esprit Forum show what's possible - Page 2 - Shhhhhh!!! - Plan 'Bigsi' area! - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

[PH News] Esprit Forum show what's possible

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've had a fair number of emails from people this morning...

Dear Lotus Esprit Forum

I am not a member, no an Esprit owner, but a mere member of the public.

I read this morning of the fantastic work you did for Simon Pritchard and was amazed by the generosity, empathy and just sheer total unselfishness of your forum's members. in a day and age of me, me, me, it was so refreshing to hear how team spirit, dedication and unselfish generosity fulfilled so much in such a short time, just for one person.

I think it is safe to say you can all be incredibly proud of yourselves, regardless of how much or how litle you did to fulfil the restoration, but more so in the wonderful example you have set to the world.

Congratulations to you all, and to Simon, I wish you many hours of happy driving. You are, even taking your unfortunate condition into consideration, probably the most lucky man in the UK, to have such a loving wife, but more so such dedicated "anonymous" friends.

If only there were more people in the world such as yourselves.

Dr Bob Davidson.

:wallbash:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Can I play myself in the film? :wallbash:

MJK's abroad but NGS (Head of Marketing) has been on the phone to congratulate us all. His bank manager just told him!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Hello,

I am not a car enthusiast but was drawn to a news article today concerning the efforts of your members to restore a Lotus Esprit for an owner who had been taken ill. I just wanted to say I think this is a tremendous act of kindness which is deserving of special praise. You have not only made this man very happy but you will have reinforced a lot of peoples faith in human kindness.

Well done to you all!!

James Cooper

:wallbash:

Andy (I hope this is Andy)

I just read the story in the BBC webseite about what you did for that guy. I would just like to say that it was fantastic, it was great to read. Although it counts for little, I for one would like to say that it's things like that make a huge difference.

Well done to all involved

Mat

:welcome:

Lots of people are emailing in, it's very touching to have moved so many people :wallbash:

Well done folks :welcome:

Chap

Just read the article on the BBC website, and wanted to congratulate you and your club on the bloody marvellous thing you did!

We had a guy in our club (www.zrxoc.com) who had a bad accident and couldn't afford to re-build his bike. We all chipped in with parts/help and got him back up and running.

It's great to see examples of kindness that restore faith in human nature.

Well done!

Karl (Via_MacNiven on www.zrxoc.com)

Type 25 eh? Nice dribble.gif

Which one you got... original or current version?

Seriously thinking about one meself. Went down to see Iain earlier in the year. Bit of a heart/head thing at the mo - heart says Type 25, head/wallet says Forester Sti.

Right, back on topic. Excellent write up on the BBC website. Well done chaps! Just went over to PH to cross link but someone's beaten me to it.

I bought mine in 2005, so it's one of the old series. It means I have to get by on just 350 bhp/ 390 ftlb :wallbash:

Still, I suppose one of the new Cosworth motors would slip in easily enough.....

I would thoroughly recommend the Type 25 - I've enjoyed mine immensely - see if this link works http://bbs.scoobynet.com/scooby.php?profileid=151 though the Forester STi is a great car too!

tune into radio 5 live today guys, i have to give an interview at 2.30, im not sure if they are going to record it then do some editing then broadcast, i dont know. they are calling bibs now to have him on it also.

today is absolutely mental... the phone keeps ringing, i have two more interviews for today to do, a magazine wanted exclusivity but thats a no no as everyone deserves to read and hear about this.

its all gone bloomin mental.

Erm.....Bibs, I'm free for interviews if the Big man can't keep up :)

Of course Troy could be interviewed but the tripod for the camera may go low enough! :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer