Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Any gone 350Sport to 410Sport - Page 5 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Any gone 350Sport to 410Sport

redlancer

Well, sorry to hear that you were not able to enable it by the button.

4 hours ago, Hangar 111 said:

The valve option is in the vehicle configuration, so anyone with dealer diagnostics should be able to enable it for you.

Dave

However, if the Hangar111 post is correct, than you don't need programming. Its just enabling button. Like you enable always-on flap on BMWs or other cars. Without programming. Just not sure what kind of diagnostics software is needed, I guess its not just a simple OBD diagnostic tool.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mitch Foden-Clarke said:

The garage I take the car to for it’s service in September will be dependent on them being able to reprogram the ECU.

The garage will need to use the OEM Lotus Techcentre software/system to access the settings. This is only available to authorised Lotus service centres. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bibs said:

I believe that legally the equipment/software is available to anyone who wishes to pay for it. 

My dealer (official Lotus dealer) told me that the Komo-tec RC kit is the only option. Will ask them again if they can enable it via TechCentre, since car is at dealer this week.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bibs said:

I believe that legally the equipment/software is available to anyone who wishes to pay for it. 

Not quite accurate.  Legally, there is a "Lotus Diagnostics Lite" which gives some limited functions - this is what some non-official outfits have, and is available to anyone who subscribes.

The full Lotus diagnostic tool (it's called Lotus 20/20 as of a couple of years ago) is only available to official Lotus dealer / service centres.

Dave

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Toqcars said:

My dealer (official Lotus dealer) told me that the Komo-tec RC kit is the only option. Will ask them again if they can enable it via TechCentre, since car is at dealer this week.

I'd be very interested to hear the outcome of this if you could keep us posted please? 👍

Simplify, then add lightness

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/12/2021 at 05:17, Sam Downey said:

What was the final outcome?

Got the answer. They said that there is nothing regarding the exhaust button or anything regarding RPM trigger level for the exhaust in the official Lotus diagnostics software.

• Sad 1

Got it. Blanked the vacuum tube for the flap actuator in the first hour of owning it. Sounds great 👌 And definitely not too loud, even on a longer trips. I heavily suggest this mod 😁

Will locate the exhaust button wiring and test wheter ECU would open the flap… for the science 😁

• Like 2