Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
My very brown 74 Elite project - Page 5 - Projects & Restorations - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

My very brown 74 Elite project

BrianK

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yep - can see the photos now 👍.

I don't know if it would help you Scott but I'm planning to build a hybrid Elite/Esprit Burman rack to create more clearance for my supercharger - basically an Elite rack with the short pinion shaft from an Esprit.  Haven't tried it yet - picking up an Esprit rack in a couple of weeks.

Pete

On 07/01/2023 at 14:52, BrianK said:

Hi Michael.  Sorry for the delayed response - I haven't been back here for a while.

My car was resprayed long before I purchased it, so I don't have any better info than what you can find online. If you manage to find a good formula, I'd love to know as well.

You may already have this document on Lotus paint codes. Sable is on page 7.

Lotus Paint Codes (2020_01_03 04_40_18 UTC).mht

13 hours ago, EXCEL V8 said:

Yep - can see the photos now 👍.

I don't know if it would help you Scott but I'm planning to build a hybrid Elite/Esprit Burman rack to create more clearance for my supercharger - basically an Elite rack with the short pinion shaft from an Esprit.  Haven't tried it yet - picking up an Esprit rack in a couple of weeks.

Pete

Thanks, Pete. I don't thank that even a drasticly shortend pinion shaft would fit through my apature. Besides, I hope never to work on the rack again!

• Like 1

Scott: your front suspension looks great! I'm happy to have been a bit of inspiration that helped get the job done!

I do recall the rack requiring a very specific set of angles and rotations to remove, and that's without the extra supports for your EV conversion. having to disassemble/reassemble the pinion in situ sounds like a real pain.

Speaking of pains, if I need to get to the wheel cylinders again, I might try your access hole idea. That pic really shows how useful they could be.  That said, I hope to not have to do that again any time soon - by the looks of it, the last time anyone was back there on my car was in the 1980s, so here's hoping it's the 2050s or 2060s before the next service.  ;) 

While I'm here, not much has happened with the Elite in the last several months.  I've taken it out of storage a couple times just to keep the fluids moving, but it's always gone right back in.  Because I only have a one car garage at home, I can only work on one project at a time, and another car has taken center stage for the last few months. As of last weekend, that car is ready to go, so the Elite will be coming back home shortly. First jobs on the list are to inspect an issue with the starter relay (it appears to be an aftermarket add-on), and diagnose the newly broken speedometer.

• 4 weeks later...

B Team Racing and the Chotus are hitting the media big time this side of the Pond, featured in the current Absolute Lotus and Practical Classics UK.

Winterbottom Trophy 1.jpg

Chotus.JPG

Edited by Gray14
  • Like 1