Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
380 Sport - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

380 Sport

I think one of the best upgrades is to the Nitrons.

I had a 380 Sport on standard and after trying a  Cup 430 which has 3 way Nitrons that was the clincher to change.

The Nitrons give great on road ride quality but a few knob twists and it’s ready for tracking. Well worth the money imo 

2 hours ago, Edinburgh 111s said:

Congratulations, a good looking example. Is that @Dan.G Old car? It looks familiar....

I agree with most, the 380 was the sweet spot of the range. Some great extras over the 350. 

Not mine, but a cracking example. Well done.

Mine had a cf roof and harness.

Im in a gt3 these days

4 hours ago, Dan.G said:

Not mine, but a cracking example. Well done.

Mine had a cf roof and harness.

Im in a gt3 these days

How are you finding the GT3 Dan? 
I am becoming a little disillusioned with the brand following the appalling way Lotus has handled the lack of dealership in Scotland...

8 hours ago, Edinburgh 111s said:

How are you finding the GT3 Dan? 
I am becoming a little disillusioned with the brand following the appalling way Lotus has handled the lack of dealership in Scotland...

As you know, thats why I left, brand support. Ill try and give some thoughts..

The GT3 is quite a different car, to put it into context, id say the lotus is a chainsaw and the GT3 is a scalpel.

The lotus is much more raw and engaging, 'a laugh'. I might argue its a better weekend toy that you can play around with, the GT3 feels much more grown up and a serious 'race' car. Typically German.

The build quality of the Porsche is on a different level, as is the interior. Id say the Porsche has a better balance of road weapon vs usability, such as a radio you can actually use when you want to, for example, which I understand some people dont care about a radio but its there when you want it. The ride is harsher in the Gt3, definitely, although, no bottoming out as yet.

The GT3 is absolutely planted, I swear it could take corners at right angles, at speed, its that good. I wouldnt say it feels any faster in terms of speed over the 380. The extra revs in the gt3 is a winner.

The lotus turned more heads! I do miss my lotus but i cant justify that kind of money for a brand still having teething issues.

I test drove many exotic brands before buying into Porsche, many with more power, a better badge or more striking looks. To me, the porsche just felt right, the one that ticked all the boxes. I can confidently say, the porsche is one of the best handling cars ive driven, on the road. Buy one now before they go turbo lol

@Dan.G

thank you for the insight. I absolutely agree that the brand support is poor. The dealer network is mainly amateur outfits which also doesn’t help. 

the car sounds fantastic, I am seriously considering something similar. Do you have any more pictures of your car ? The colour looks fantastic