Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Oil Leak Between Oil Pump and Aux Housing - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Oil Leak Between Oil Pump and Aux Housing

smikey

Hello.  I am in need of a new sealing ring (A907E6167F) for a 1989 Esprit Turbo USA.  The oil leak is coming from the sandwich seal between the oil pump and the auxiliary housing.  I have not removed the oil pump yet.  Does anyone have specifications for this sealing ring or know of a cross reference part to use instead?  Is there a parts supplier who has this seal?  (Part #33 on attached image) Please advise if you know what I can use to replace the old seal.  Thank you.

image.png.ff1d35bfcfc30ed3800f7d400fa1af70.png

19 minutes ago, Smithy111 said:

You wont need to remove the oil pump to change that just the filter and sandwich plate

Thank you for the reply.  However, part #33 is located between the oil pump and the auxiliary housing.  Oil pump has to come off.

10 minutes ago, AndyPG said:

Looks the same as the square section seal that comes with the oil filter.

So there's one option to check if you're struggling.

Andy.

Thank you for the reply Andy.  Yes, they appear to be to be the same, but I would like to know with some certainty before I am midway through a project with no replacement part.

47 minutes ago, smikey said:

Thank you for the reply.  However, part #33 is located between the oil pump and the auxiliary housing.  Oil pump has to come off.

Hi Michael,

I think you may be mistaking the oil cooler sandwich plate for the oil pump.

Chris is correct.

Andy.

Edited by AndyPG
  • Like 1