Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Where do these hoses go ? - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Where do these hoses go ?

I’ve had some silicone hoses fitted to my car for the new engine install and I’ve got some spare ones and I’m not sure where they go?

i know some are for the front heater ones as I haven’t changed them until the dash is out etc but I’m sure they can’t all be for there

any ideas ?

Also, the 2 big ones I know are for the main radiator 

20C5950D-BFC1-43A4-965C-F7F54F14386B.jpeg

I was surprised also that the silicone hose kit didn’t have the 2 main water pipe to engine pipes, the turbo pipe joins and the 2 small water pipes to aluminium rail 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Confused 1

"I was surprised also that the silicone hose kit didn’t have the 2 main water pipe to engine pipes, the turbo pipe joins and the 2 small water pipes to aluminium rail"

Did you talk to Roose about that, I would expect a kit to be a complete kit. Mine is on order at the moment and for the price I do hope it includes all of the hoses.

cheers

-Chris

It does not include the heater stub pipe connections at the back of the engine.

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Gents,

So sorry to read this thread, I sent all my hoses to roose years ago and they made the kit. I am sure I had sent all the hoses that we could find on my 2001 car, we had the heater matrix in bits, all the radiator hoses, front end, and all the engine hoses. If you find hoses in the kit that are missing or that are in-correct I would contact roose and I am sure they will be glad to make them for you, they took around six weeks. I would prefer that the kit was correct but unsure if there are differences between V8 cars over the production life.

Apolagies again.

Hi Tim, hey it’s not your fault .  Was just surprised as they are the easiest hoses really to make, Ive ordered straight 16mm pipe for the rear of the engine and the same for the T piece although it needs a reduced to the T piece as it’s a smaller diameter than the header

thanks for getting these sorted in the first place