Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Latest lotus spec serpentine drive belt? - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Latest lotus spec serpentine drive belt?

Just received a drive belt for my Evora S from deroure. I was expecting a gatorback but the belt I've been sent is branded as Bando with no packaging or labels on it.  Is this the lastest and best one or should I have just bought generic Gates etc?

20200612_110341.jpg

Edited by Spanky3
Typo

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That belt is also branded Toyota so will be from their supply chain, and be a good quality belt, probably identical to the one that was on your car from new, just not the latest upgraded specification.

Those one slip at high RPM, I was amazed what difference it made when fitted with a gatorback at my first service of owning the car, it was only on 5K at the time. 

Continental does have the Gatorback (now called the Elite) belts for the NA 2GR-FE, but not the S. They do offer their standard OE Multi-V belt in that size though (4071130). 

From what I could find, it seems they're transitioning their Elite line back to a straight ribbed design. Not sure why, as I always thought the Veyance design was better, and one of the reasons for acquiring them. 

Thanks Dave and all for taking the time to reply.  So it looks like it is the correct and only belt for the Evora S by virtue of the more exciting types not coming in the right size.

At least I've done my bit by supporting my local-ish a lotus dealer.  In their and Lotus's defence it was also very sensibly priced.  I recall Dave at H111 saying spares prices were were being reviewed which does look to have happened - and kept me off ebay.

4 hours ago, Hangar 111 said:

I don't think Gator is available in the length required for the Evora - it's longer due to power steering pump/pulley.

Dave

Lotus switched my Evora 400 to a gatorback belt after repeated problems with the aircon tripping out due to belt slip:

My car is also currently in for it's 'C' service and they were waiting for delivery of another gatorback belt from Lotus last time I spoke to them.

Looks like the part numbers for the 400 (now on a 'C' revision) and the S1 (S) Evora belts are different though, so maybe the change was only applied to the 400.     ....or maybe even just 400s with belt slip problems?

Edited by nigelh

• 1 month later...
On 12/06/2020 at 16:57, nigelh said:

Lotus switched my Evora 400 to a gatorback belt after repeated problems with the aircon tripping out due to belt slip:

My car is also currently in for it's 'C' service and they were waiting for delivery of another gatorback belt from Lotus last time I spoke to them.

Looks like the part numbers for the 400 (now on a 'C' revision) and the S1 (S) Evora belts are different though, so maybe the change was only applied to the 400.     ....or maybe even just 400s with belt slip problems?

4xx SC and thus pulley is in a different position than on the series 1 SC car, so a different length belt is needed.

I ordered a new belt for my 400 from swlc a few weeks after lockdown (they were on back order) it arrived last month & was the regular serpentine belt.