Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Server Upgrade - Page 2 - Forum Info & Help - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Server Upgrade

Bibs

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bibsy,

Any chance of sending out an email to everyone?

I assume that you had a redirect in place for a while, but I've been busy and when I finally got time, I just got a 404 and assumed the site was down.

It's only by chance that I spotted the URL had changed in a topic notification.

Perhaps you could also ask Kato to mention it, 'cos I looked there to see what was happening - nada.

I might be a bit slow atm due to overwork, but I can't believe I'm the only one not to pick up on this.

Phil

More speed, less haste

i like the increase in speed and saved the the new URL as a shortcut and got a nice little lotus icon as well

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Ta, I'm glad someone noticed that :w00t: :w00t:

The new server is a quad processor, quad core with 4gb of RAM and the current server load is 0.05. The old server, I'm unsure of the technology, but used to maintain a load of between 16 and 20 to give you an idea of how much better off we are now :thumbup:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

but I have lost it now for some reason?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

the little icon only seems to be on the home page, though its a nice touch Bibs ;)

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

tried making a new short cut but dont get the lotus icon anymore..

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

That icon is called a favicon.ico file and there is only one for the whole domain. I've no idea why you aren't getting it come up all the time as it should only need to be in the root directory as it is. I'll look into it ;)

All sorted as you'll notice from the address bar, LEF is now an independent domain in it's own right, all done.

Please remember to accept cookies from www.lotusespritforum.com

Bibs, the link with the snazzy icon no longer works ie: http://www.thelotusforums.com/lotusespritf...dex.php?act=idx - getting a 404 now

i can only access it from http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/

some of the members are having trouble keeping up with the swapping of links :clap:

i was wondering , which one will be the one to keep as the home page? :)

i have also noticed we seem to have lost most of the guests since the change of sites :(

getting a little confused here :thumbsup::)

Dave - http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums is the url, makes sense eh? It still has the snazzy icon.

And the guests are generally web robots indexing the site using our bandwidth for nothing of any use so we're not going to worry about them. Any 'real' guest can't view anything on the forum anyway without registering so that statistic is of little use to anyone.

understand now Bibs :clap: , oh , the snazzy icon is working now :), but the avatars wont show :thumbsup: he he

just a side thing ---> was i edited this morning on sales thread , think i posted something i shouldnt have, alchol and depression dont mix do they :) sorry.

hi Bibs,

on the site www.thelotusforums.com what is the login for? Is this the same as the LEF login or something else yet to be developed?

Alex

That's a log in for the people who write articles on the site etc. I can tie it in to the log in on here via a sql db linkup which is pretty hard to get working and little value at present :thumbsup:

• Gold FFM

Unsure why it wouldn't let me in earlier but all working fine except as Dodgy said - no avatar pics except for some reason yours (bibs) is Ok

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Bibs, since the latest change from thelotusforums to lotusespritforum, i can only see 2 avatars , yours and PaulC's . any clues? :thumbsup: cannot even see my own , oh i tried clicking on a link to a pic of a carb rebiuld, and got a error msg.

this is on IE6 btw,

just checked firefox - it does not even show the placement boxes for them !?

[edit] :clap: was typing the same time as Ian :)

Edited by Dodgy

I'm seeing the same as others in that I only get a few avatars. Also, my screen is taken up with a lot of green and yellow background (fine colors :-)) and there's not much space for the content. This makes it necessary to do a lot of scrolling, up/down, left/right in order to read the posts?

My avatar has gone from my profile. Haven't any piccies on this computer so can't try loading again but you will probably need to reload your avatar to get it to work.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

my avatar is miising as are many others, managed to get the lotus icon back, by following dodgys instructions

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

The avatars seem to have disappeared, not sure what happened there. I'll try to recover them from a backup but that will take some time so please re-upload your avatar. Might be a good time for a change too, keeps it fresh eh! :thumbsup: