Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Car Transport - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Car Transport

The power of the Dark Side of the glowing snail has tempted me too much I'm afraid and I'm now the very proud owner of a 1989 SE in black with magnolia/black interior.

You can see the car about half way down this page...

http://web.archive.org/web/20060203040439/...dCarCentre.html

FS_89SE_DavidRooms.gif

when it was up for sale a while back. David Rooms is a scholar and a gent however a very busy man and the car hasn't been used much since that time. It doesn't come with the black AWI's which I would dearly like but I can't afford them right now so it will have stock SE wheels.

Troy, Laura and myself went up to view the car on Monday and it's not perfect but only needs a good C service and some tidying up and I'm back on the road! With it needing a C service, it's not ideal to drive it the 200 odd miles home hence needing a transporter to get it back so Troy can service it and I can drive it. We'd rather not risk any cambelt based worries hence a trailer of some sort is the way forward :(

It started on the button, ran very well and everything works as it should bar a couple of bulbs etc, no leaks or anything sinister to worry about. It's had some useful upgrades already thanks to David and is a peach, I'm very pleased.

It does mean that my NA is up for sale, anyone want it? Best offer will get it asap :w00t:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Selling the NA! :( You trator - just kidding! Congrats on the SE though.

Does Kimbers know theres an NA on the market or is he still oggling that red S4?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Good lad laugh2.gif

Shame about the NA, my 1st Esprit ride was in that car.

I would have thought you'd keep the wheels from the NA ?

Black with black wheels is the way forward imo - that was how I was going to have the Exige before I bought the GT2....which is white with white wheels (go figure)

If you want to disable an Esprit take the reverse gear switch out of the gearbox, take the packing washers off and screw it back in.

Select reverse and it will lock in reverse gear. No AA man will find that, and even if they do taking the switch off is not an option becuase it will loose gearbox fluid.

De-spoiler it and there wont be much difference :(

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

My NA wheels are going to head to Lepsons for a refurb and no doubt a black paint job, the reg plate will be transferred as soon as the V5 is sorted but I think the SE spoiler is top drawer so that will stay :(

• Gold FFM

I'm sure theres an old thread somewhere where Kimbers has stated ' Things to do before my 40th' and Esprit purchase was on the list. I make that about 5 weeks left then! (nothing like ribbing the old boy really :laughing: )

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Well, I suppose that, i you are going to go over to dark side, you may as well get a good 'un and it looks like you have. Nice one, Bibs.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Hi Bibs, if you've not already done it, try Melvin at Flying Blue Dog,you'll probably find him advertising on Pistonheads. He dealt with my Esprit after I mullered it, and was the cheapest quote I could find, charging

Edited by Tim Shaw

Congrats on the new car. Love the black.

Enjoy

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Congrats on the new car BIBs, I have a couple of sets of GT3 wheels if your interested!!

car transport wise, I used to know a man, I'll see if I can dig out his number!!

I've just spoken to Carl from http://www.carlogistics.co.uk and he's gonna do the deed on Saturday as he's heading to France to pick up a Fezza so it's on the way. Lovely guy, real car enthusiast and a Lotus lover too :w00t:

GT3 wheels, ewww...

:(

I remember the days when bibs laught at the 'glowing snales'. NA was the way to go!

Now look! :(

I remember the days when bibs laught at my 'Ironing Board' Sport 350 spoiler!

Time will tell! :w00t:

We need to get a LEF, LEW SE shot sometime!

Looking forward to seeing you in an Esprit at a meet soon! I miss the days when you'd be the last to turn up, wheelspinning into the carpark!

kato

lew_small.gif

http://www.lotusespritworld.com' target='_blank'>

Turbos and wings.....what is the world coming to !

Lemme know when you get it, I got the rest of the week off to do homework so I'll be about.

Just a pitty you cant get them AWI's !

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Nice mate.......well done and welcome to turbo world :thumbsup:

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Well done Bibs, she looks a nice car, put a big smile on you. Cant wait to the the 1st pic of you behind the wheel pointing out of the window.

I am going to :thumbsup: your :clap: about the GT3 wheel comment!!!!

Alex

Edited by Alex --GT3--