Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Final Edition Elise Cup 250 - Page 5 - Elise / Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Final Edition Elise Cup 250

CocoPops

10 hours ago, CocoPops said:

Interesting, how everyone is different.

I wanted a body coloured spoiler, but it was £600 for spoiler paint, £600 for end plates paint... So £1200 was a sufficient chunk of the carbon aero imo.

Luckily, the option list means everyone can choose what they want.

I'm sure I'll wish I had the carbon aero...until I do something stupid while trying to squeeze every last 10th/100th out of the car on the track. Look at my profile pic; I don't exactly baby my cars. "Like a maniac" is the ususal metaphor. Sensibly on the street though!

The Exige is on Nitrons and set very low, fair point about expensive cf on track.

I'm sure there'll be some anxious moments with speed humps and potholes. Fingers crossed it goes in the garage..

• 2 weeks later...

Adding myself to the Cup250FE list below!

Cup250FE 
CocoPops - Isotope Green / Red Interior / Black Wheels 
08sag - Met Orange / Silver Interior / Black Wheels
JG250 - Vivid Green / Silver Interior / Black Wheels
Jonnyboy - Metallic Grey
TonyKL - Fire Red
Alunavegg - Daytona Blue
AndyM - Daytona Blue
Baefi - Vivid Green
SuzyH - Pearl yellow

huage-f1 - Elise Grey, Black interior with silver contrast stitching / Diamond cut wheels

Sport240FE
Cyph3r - Burnt Orange / Anthracite Wheels
Happyclappygiraffe - Epsom Green / Tan leather interior / black wheels 
Andrew190783 - Azure Blue / Black wheels 
Trebor_UK - Red / Anthracite Wheels 

• Like 1

Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for the black interior and silver stitching?

Someone on a Cup 250 Facebook page I'm a member of posted a pic of the silver interior. It's MUCH lighter than it looks in the configurator, so I'm considering black as well. My dealer also told me that custom stitching wasn't an option, but they much just be misinformed (or it's not an option for Oz destined cars?).

I believe black alcantara with contrast stitching is now being offered as a NCO on the Cup 250 FE, just as it has always been offered as a NCO on the Cup 430 FE.

As I understand it, this came about following complaints that the silver alcantara comes out far lighter than the configurator would suggest.

Yes, the silver interior looks almost as white irl. Some things I just don't understand with the Cup 250, the optional interior color pack trim what looked like maybe a bug on the configurator only comes half colored with the cup 250...

5 hours ago, Ghost said:

Some things I just don't understand with the Cup 250, the optional interior color pack trim what looked like maybe a bug on the configurator only comes half colored with the cup 250...

This is down to the seat colours.  If you choose a seat cover other than black (red/blue/orange/white) then the seat harness holes and window controls stay black - so it doesn't clash with the seat colour.

If you choose black seats (with any stitching) then you interior colour is done to all 4 parts.

This was mentioned online as well (harness holes and controls staying black). It seems odd that Lotus would care...I mean, they'll let people mix and match weird interior/exterior colour combos, why would they care about the harness holes and window switches?

What I did NOT see mentioned preivously, however, was that the holes and window controls would be coloured if you chose black!🥳

I was OK (thougth admittedly not overly excited) about the silver/white interior, but really bummed about the harness holes and window switches being black (especially as in Oz it's a $1,200 option - so $1,200 just for the shifter and HVAC surround?!?!?). I for one will jump allover a black interior just to get those body coloured in mine.

3 hours ago, Slow Yank said:

I for one will jump allover a black interior just to get those body coloured in mine.

We (a number of UK Cup 250FE purchasers) complained to Lotus about the fact that black was not an option (ok, I think they wanted £1,500 for the privilege) when the "silver" option was very different to the configurator.  Just like the Cup 430 black was a NCO.

In the end Lotus correctly relented and allowed us to spec black seats with coloured stitching for free.

If you play with the configurator for the Exige 430 you will see that you get 4 bits colour coded with the black seats and 2 with the seat colour options.  This is how the Elise 250 should have been.

Got it, thank you very much Tony. I'll put that to my dealer. I believe there's only a handful of us Cup 250FE purchasers in Oz; that combined with us being so far from earshot means nobody cares (or even knows) if we make a fuss.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Slow Yank said:

Got it, thank you very much Tony. I'll put that to my dealer. I believe there's only a handful of us Cup 250FE purchasers in Oz; that combined with us being so far from earshot means nobody cares (or even knows) if we make a fuss.

Ok, an update....

I wrote an email to my Australian dealer last night explaining the above, and noting I'd like my interior colour pack changed to black alcantera, and to be ensured that my seat eyelets and power window switches were coloured (which I had explicitly expressed when I placed my order).

They called me today to let me know that they were aware of the situation in the UK and had jumped on it themselves. They had actually already changed all Australian cars that had been configured as silver alcantera to black, as they said that black better reflected what was shown in the configurator.

It sounds like its a good thing they jumped on it themselves, as they said that configurations, VINS, etc. were all locked in, so had they not I don't think I'd be able to change it at this point without really stirring things up. As such I'll retract my prior statement about the Australian's dealers not throwing any weight around!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, my first time posting on TLF but thought I'd better add my name to this list. Seems like we're part of a pretty exclusive club! My Cup 250 is scheduled to be ready for collection in early July (from Central Lotus) - can't wait 😄

Cup250FE 
CocoPops - Isotope Green / Red Interior / Black Wheels 
08sag - Met Orange / Silver Interior / Black Wheels
JG250 - Vivid Green / Silver Interior / Black Wheels
Jonnyboy - Metallic Grey
TonyKL - Fire Red
Alunavegg - Daytona Blue
AndyM - Daytona Blue
Baefi - Vivid Green
SuzyH - Pearl yellow
huage-f1 - Elise Grey, Black interior with silver contrast stitching / Diamond cut wheels
kerm111t - Vivid Green / Silver Interior / Diamond Cut Wheels

Sport240FE
Cyph3r - Burnt Orange / Anthracite Wheels
Happyclappygiraffe - Epsom Green / Tan leather interior / black wheels 
Andrew190783 - Azure Blue / Black wheels 
Trebor_UK - Red / Anthracite Wheels 

• Like 2

@Kerm111t

Please can you post pics of your car once you have it. There is a Cup430 in the same spec (vivid green, silver interior, diamond cut wheels) on Facebook and on SELOC and it looks phenomenal!

Keen to see how it looks on a Cup250 also!

55 minutes ago, huage-f1 said:

@Kerm111t

Please can you post pics of your car once you have it. There is a Cup430 in the same spec (vivid green, silver interior, diamond cut wheels) on Facebook and on SELOC and it looks phenomenal!

The Vivid Green Cup430 with silver seats and diamond Cut wheels, simply stunning A FE Cup250 in this combination is going to look fantastic well done Rob you have ticked all the right option boxes there. Can not wait to see it 🏆

6A8D23B2-5BDC-418D-98E8-B1285D757F13.jpeg

56AA8FAB-F4D0-49E2-A565-0229CB55289D.jpeg

E49C5E01-6795-4338-B706-1EB38213585F.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, huage-f1 said:

@Kerm111t

Saw the pictures of that Exige on Instagram earlier in the week... oh my word! Can't wait to see how mine looks now!

Have to say I was a bit worried about the silver seats (after the issues with the colours on the configurator) but I'm actually really pleased with how they look against the vivid green.

Will post some pics on here for sure 👍

Edited by kerm111t
  • Like 1

On 28/05/2021 at 05:44, kerm111t said:

Saw the pictures of that Exige on Instagram earlier in the week... oh my word! Can't wait to see how mine looks now!

Have to say I was a bit worried about the silver seats (after the issues with the colours on the configurator) but I'm actually really pleased with how they look against the vivid green.

Will post some pics on here for sure 👍

I actually like the silver seats as well; its just a shame that Lotus won't colour the power window switches and, in particular, the harness holes with the silver seats. Seeing the colour-matched harness-holes through the front windscreen is a must for me...that's what drove me to black seats.