Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Final Edition Elise Cup 250 - Page 11 - Elise / Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Final Edition Elise Cup 250

CocoPops

On 10/09/2021 at 10:34, CocoPops said:

Collected after having PPF applied, then dropped off for detailing and ceramic coat.

84B16CE8-A47C-44E4-86C2-A26F78077EB7.jpeg

797CF7F2-EA9E-4B32-8119-BCB464EF747E.jpeg

On 10/09/2021 at 11:14, CocoPops said:

Full front clam, access panel (whale tail under screen), front splitter, barge boards, leading edge of rear spoiler, headlights, mirrors.

And you’re definitely right about how the light changes the colour!

can’t wait to see it in the sunlight once it’s been ceramic coated and shines!

May I know where did you get the PPF done? How is the quality? I would like to have my cup250 get PPF as well. Thanks.

18 minutes ago, kt9742 said:

May I know where did you get the PPF done? How is the quality? I would like to have my cup250 get PPF as well. Thanks.

Paintguard.co.uk 

Steve Baker did it.

he’s done several of my cars now and would be too of my list again.

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

On 08/11/2021 at 07:13, kt9742 said:

Hello everyone, I ordered my 250FE on the very first day Lotus announced the final edition in February. I still cannot collect my car. Is there any folks have the same situation as me?

Thanks.

I ordered mine in March and it's not due to the dealership until about x-mas. I'm in Australia though...

27 minutes ago, Slow Yank said:

I ordered mine in March and it's not due to the dealership until about x-mas. I'm in Australia though...

I am so sorry to hear that. As you know from the forum people got their car in August / September. A friend of mine form Hong Kong got his cup250 in September too. Hope both of us can get the car as soon as possible.

4 hours ago, TonyKL said:

Same is happening here in the UK.  Ordered February and still not delivered - expected December time.

(carbon fibre supply issues)

When we get our car, we have to wait until next year to enjoy it...

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, kt9742 said:

I am so sorry to hear that. As you know from the forum people got their car in August / September. A friend of mine form Hong Kong got his cup250 in September too. Hope both of us can get the car as soon as possible.

As odd as this may sound, I'm not too fussed. After seeing a pre-US-production car at the GM proving grounds in Michigan, I put my first deposit on one of the first Elise's to come into the US in 2004. Due to unforeseen circumstances I never got the car, and though I never stopped wanting an one very badly, there was never a good time to get another since.

So what's another few months when I've been waiting 17-years.🤣

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, everyone, just got my car yesterday. I found that the brake travel is very long. There are significant dead soft before you can feel it is actually breaking. I have no such problem with my previous 2013 Elise cup racer. Is it normal? Thanks for any input!

3 minutes ago, Gjk said:

It was great to see your Lean, Mean, Green Machine at Newlands Corner this morning @CocoPops 👍

And the Esprit was car of choice for my 10yr old! Looked great!

I’d love one alongside my Cup, but I’m not sure I have enough mechanical sympathy for a classic just yet.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• 5 weeks later...

Stunning Jon, can not wait to see some content on One Eleven Cars YouTube channel and hopefully have a run out with you in the Peak District in the new year.

https://youtube.com/c/OneElevenCars

16 hours ago, Delhard said:

Congats!! That looks Fab😍 (as do they all)

At least the wait is now a memory. Hoping for some decent weather for you🤞:driving:

All that time gone but there's no more waiting - just get to enjoy it now!

16 hours ago, TonyKL said:

Congrats, looks epic!

Mine should be almost complete and ready for me in Jan!

Thanks Tony - not much longer to go now for you fingers crossed.

9 hours ago, scotty435 said:

Stunning Jon, can not wait to see some content on One Eleven Cars YouTube channel and hopefully have a run out with you in the Peak District in the new year.

https://youtube.com/c/OneElevenCars

Cheers Scott - feels like ages since I've been out....will get some content out over the Christmas break hopefully and try do the car some justice :)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/11/2021 at 20:48, kt9742 said:

Hello, everyone, just got my car yesterday. I found that the brake travel is very long. There are significant dead soft before you can feel it is actually breaking. I have no such problem with my previous 2013 Elise cup racer. Is it normal? Thanks for any input!

I have some Pagid RS42s to go in mine and will be bleeding the brakes and pulling some decent fluid in at the same time I've found the exact same thing with mine I think its just the pads are pretty basic. The RS42 should improve the initial bite. 

The brakes and still not having a soft top 4 months after delivery are the only issues I've had with mine which is a huge improvement over my terrible experience with the 410 Evora. Looking forward to Spring and getting the run in miles completed.  

Edited by jonnyboy

I'm interested to hear how you get on with the new pads - one of the very few things I don't like on my 250 Cup is the lack of initial bite from the brakes. To be fair I am on 10K miles and the original pads, I clearly don't use the brakes a lot :lol: You should think about joining one (or more!) of our MLOC runs early on a Sunday morning in the Peaks. We sometimes start from Baslow, less than 40 miles from Wakefield.

Edited by duncx

Due to pickup my 250 Cup FE shortly. I went with carbon sills and am now wondering if I should have gone with Alcantara sills, so am enquiring with the dealer to see if they can swap them over retrospectively. If not, is anyone here in the market for an almost brands new (i.e. fitted to my car then removed whilst still in the showroom) set of carbon sills?

To those seasoned Lotus drivers on here:

- does anyone struggle with heel and toe because the brake and accelerator is too far apart, and if so are there any recommended aftermarket solutions?

- are there any recommended setup changes to the car out of the box for track work - different pads? in understeer on corner entry a problem, and are their solutions to address?

Sorry for the questions - coming over to Lotus as a longtime Caterham owner!

• Gold FFM
46 minutes ago, huage-f1 said:

Due to pickup my 250 Cup FE shortly. I went with carbon sills and am now wondering if I should have gone with Alcantara sills, so am enquiring with the dealer to see if they can swap them over retrospectively. If not, is anyone here in the market for an almost brands new (i.e. fitted to my car then removed whilst still in the showroom) set of carbon sills?

To those seasoned Lotus drivers on here:

- does anyone struggle with heel and toe because the brake and accelerator is too far apart, and if so are there any recommended aftermarket solutions?

- are there any recommended setup changes to the car out of the box for track work - different pads? in understeer on corner entry a problem, and are their solutions to address?

Sorry for the questions - coming over to Lotus as a longtime Caterham owner!

I have Alcantara with silver stitch on my 250FE, which still only has 22 miles on it so still new. 
Could be tempted with a swap if the dealer is prepared to do it?