Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elise 240 Final Edition - Page 7 - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Elise 240 Final Edition

5pence

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, NiceGirlC said:

Just want to say hello to all the fellow Elise FE owners.  Hello.

It has been a very very long wait. I took the car out for the first time today. On the way back home, a father pointed my car out to his son (no older than six year old) and exclaimed, "It's an Elise!". I waved at them. They waved back.  I feel really proud as an owner and am grateful to Lotus for creating such a wonderful car.

Hi and welcome. 
I was at a small local meet today and somebody asked if they could sit in my  FE. Once in they were like ‘wow’ 😀

Just seems to attract conversation and usually starts with ‘how small it looks’ compared to nearly anything you park besides!

It is just a feel good car. What’s your spec, get some pics up.

I picked mine up in October but still waiting for the soft top to come, got 2000 miles covered and loving every minute of it.

2021 Lotus Elise Sport 240 FE in Solid Red, Red Interior Colour Pack, AirCon, Floor Mats, Cruise Control, Stereo, Satin Anthracite 10-spoke forged wheels.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

@RP420Meeting up with other NI Lotus owners as the weather improves sounds like a great idea.
I’m more than happy to drag my car out at any opportunity!

• Like 1

Thanks for the swift responses @5pence and @blindside! Shame we don't have a Caffeine & Machine equivalent, but I'm sure we can find somewhere to meet that involves a suitable driving distance 😁.

@Bibs - can I please take you up on your kind offer to set up a regional group for us and we can make arrangements on that thread, rather than digress any further on this Elise topic?

Many thanks all! 

No - soft top is yet to arrive. Someday perhaps. I prefer using the hardtop most of the time, anyway. 

BTW - has anyone else found the Elise FE geometry is "out" as it comes from the factory?

My factory set ride heights were: Front: 155mm, Rear: 145mm

Yep - that's 10mm higher at the front than the rear! (supposed to be the other way around)

Then there was the Toe:

Front: 2.5mm Toe OUT (EACH SIDE) ! 

Rear: 0.0mm Toe

Surely Lotus didn't sign off on this intentionally?

Edited by stevensr34

At last, some 6 months from car delivery to dealer, my soft top if finally on its way to them.

Can't wait to experience the car with roof off as the weather gets better 😀

On 31/03/2022 at 19:12, Eleasy said:

Cheers!  The car will be for sale after Easter unfortunately as I really can't make the most of it but I'm enjoying being a Lotus owner whilst I can!

Don't think I've seen any of these for sale, so be very interesting where the market is.

Selling private or through dealer ?

• Like 2

2021 Lotus Elise Sport 240 FE in Solid Red, Red Interior Colour Pack, AirCon, Floor Mats, Cruise Control, Stereo, Satin Anthracite 10-spoke forged wheels.

Why?   Can't really drive it anywhere near it's potential on the roads where I live and it's in reality too nice for the track where it belongs.  I plan to buy something I can modify for track use and get my hands dirty with. 

Probably sell through a dealer for convenience and security but will see what happens, in no rush at all. 

Just been trying to fit a harness bar to the 240 FE... 

Looks like my Roll bar has NO thread on the captive nut where the harness bar is supposed to bolt on to. It is just a sleeve running through from back of the roll bar to the front, where hey-presto! there's the threaded nut. But it is jammed up against the fibreglass door surround, and cannot be used. 

Has someone at Lotus welded the threaded nut on to the roll bar the wrong way around? 

Going to try and tap an M10 thread to the thread-less end of the bolt sleeve, where the bolt should be.

Crazy!

Rear side of roll bar - no thread:

image.thumb.jpeg.89be99367e13b07b7615c92e45e100b4.jpeg

Front side of roll bar - has thread:

image.thumb.jpeg.c9f480cc8fed757b2f9512d618bc02fe.jpeg