Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
20" on the FRONT? - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

20" on the FRONT?

Does any one know if this has ben done? I was EXTREMLEY luckily when i had my Esprit,
i got the only set of 19"s & 18s in a set before the factory that made them burnt down.

it SOOOO hard to get a staggered and different diameter set that fit perfectly, so possibly
i may go for 20"s all round.

i shall now answer the haters before they start BAHAHAHA 😄💓

1. im not a track racer (+i will be keeping my original set)
2. i would love to do 19" + 20" but HRE rims ARE A JOKE PRICE
3. i'm a full attention whore and very much "look at me" 
4. PLEASE dont go esprit group on me and tell me im "ruining" the handling, keep it standard, "if i see you i will punch you in the face you ####"
(yes that was a real quote from a die hard)

even if i bought them seperate its hard getting matches, thinking 20" x 8.5j fronts and fingers crossed a 20" X 9,5j rear

Rear is fine and the front running a 245/30/20 "should" not be far off, i will admit i haven't looked at the distance from the strut as standard

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

straight in there no messing HA HA HA

may consider 19" all round instead, shame im not in the states as they do a better range of 20"/19"s

will be honest i don't really want too, i shall keep looking.

oh and if you want to buy me a lambo that not a problem, aventador liberty walk PLEASEEEE

(i love newish lotus ppl that don't know my lotus history over the last 15-20years LOL)

im back to stir it up and keep you on your toes 😜

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Ha ha ha ha I proper f##ked up there didn't I 

I look stupid most days so nothing new there. Embrace it I say

I like exiges anyway so I might stay here, now even I wouldn't mod an exige I think apart from wings and bhp stuff. Sod it I would prob nitrous it like I did the esprit. 

I've known bibs many years on and off,,,,, he well and truly knows how stupid I am 🤣🤣

Edited by karluk29
  • Haha 1

I’ve seen a few I believe. Did that white one that was smashed and the youtubers fixed have 20s all round?  B for Build was it?  I vaguely recall they fitted 8.5s on the back, sacrilege. 20s aren’t a huge step up from 19s up front so I’m sure it’s doable. Just don’t go skinnier on the rear!

yeah i really need a staggered set (width wise) and maybe go 275 rears if it takes it and bring them out to the edge of the arch.

i think i know the channel your on about i will go and look, nice one.

i have 18s, do 19s clear quite alot still, rubber would be 245/30/20 iirc, i would do 235 but the price of tyres is more money

need to try and source all sorts tbh, front and rear bumpers etc, will be doing barge boards next i think (in other words 2 bits of plastic ha ha, not paying crazy money for eithier wood or aluminium) & spray engine cover to match the vinyl accents and lit up engine)  

• Gold FFM

Please post pics when done, whilst it may not be everyone's cup of tea, will be interesting to see what it looks like!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hm. If it should be for looks only then maybe look at US market to find a wheel at a good price. And you would have to lower the front suspension because I am sure the geo will be slightly changed with 20" due to the changed tyre patch on the road and the steering will become slower. If you need a 19/20 wheel set for performance I might be able to help.