Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The London International Classic Car Show 2007 - Page 2 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

The London International Classic Car Show 2007

Bibs

Here's the latest Press Release

The London International

Classic Car show

Sponsored by Peter D James Insurance and Classic Car Weekly,

In association with CMM, Autoglym and Loveridge Automobilia Auctions.

Happening at: Alexandra Palace, London. N22 7AY

On: Sat/Sun 6th/7th October 2007 10AM -5PM

Admission: Adults

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its the first time i have read this else you could have had mine, it had London in the title, so it is discounted due to the congestion charge/ripoff tax., i am comitted to work now :getmecoat:

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

I will be there, but the meanie is in mucho many bits now :D

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Give me a call just before you arrive Paul, I should have some spare tickets :D

Ooo. Fabbo Bibs. Please Pm me your tele number. :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

m2vhelp.gif

Just been talking with The Boss who is at Alexandra Palace (N. London) setting up the LEF stand for this weekend's Classic Car Show

Problem is we've been allocated a stand with space for 4 or 5 cars but only have one Esprit to display. As you can imagine it looks a little lost on its own :D

Appreciate it's really short notice but is there anyone who'd be prepared to help out and have their car displayed on the LEF stand for the weekend? If so please could you ring Bibs on his mobile 07973402532 this evening.

Thanks guys.

as i have l ready said , i am already committed to work on Saturday, thought the congestion tax was a 7 day/week thing, live n learn :D

funny, i would still be worried sick over.

short term accommodation for a displayee is going to be the millstone i think too.

i only looked at this post for the first time yesterday, i didn't read it as it said London

otherwise i would have very happily have had my car there, it has to get on one major show !!?

hopefully another time, and i will read ALL posts from now on

I am on standby at the moment, obviously would be better easier if someone nearer could stand in, but Flight Leiutenant Bell (NMEG formidable squadron) reporting for last minute mission into Southern territory.

Currently prepping flight gear in case its chocks away

Alex :D

Can anyone more local save Alex the drive, please let me know in the next 30 mins if so?

If not, looks like we're saved by the Bell! :D <--- see what I did there! :(

Alex, you're a legend mate, thanks ever so much for helping out LEF in a time of need. :)

is there anyone near me who wants to accompany me this weekend?? i cant go alone thats kellys condition on the matter, you can hitch a ride with me if need be just let me know soon as please, pm me or ring bibs and get my number im in the home office for a while so i have the phone with me

or even i can pick up on the way down??

Edited by bigsi

Pictures of LEF Display

More

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• Gold FFM

Bibs - Looking at first of Paul's photos, thought you had bought a non-Lotus car with personal reg at a quick glance.

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

:D

We've just arrived home from this and I'd like to thank Dave & Anita, Alex, Paul C & Vicki, Martyn and Laura for all of their help with the show. Our stand turned out to be bigger than had been explained so we had Alex's GT3 and Dave's Sport 350 plus the LEF tent with table/multimedia display plus lots of pics/cards/flyers etc.

The show was the first October show at Ally Pally so the attendance wasn't amazing but they had about 5,000 people over the 2 days. The focus was on more 'classic' as in pre-70's cars but we were in good company with a few Ferrari's etc about. I forgot my camera both days so no pics from me I'm afraid.

Alex arrived at mine at around 2am on Saturday morning so with a 7am wake up we thought we'd get some sleep, erm, at 4.30am! Hardcore anti-freeze massif! After yesterdays show Paul C, Vicki, Alex, Laura and I headed back to my house and then into Bexley Village for a lovely Chinese and then back home ago for beer/rum etc until, erm, 2.30am. Up and out for 8(ish) so not a lot of sleep but an awful lot of fun!

We've learned a few things at the show to help LEF moving forward seeing excellent displays from some other clubs, most noticably the Volvo Owners and Jagh enthusiasts. I've spoken to MJK this evening and hope that we will be getting more support from the factory in the future to make our stand more of a professional effort but we did well this weekend all the same with our LEF'ers spending lots of time speaking to enthusiasts and admirers of the cars and we've made some new contacts and should have a few more people signing up to LEF too!

Thanks again to those who helped, we couldn't have done it without you, great effort :D

I've just had a call from Alex and unfortunately he's just had some plank drive into the back of him :X Damage (in the dark) looks like bumper/spoiler but obviously it will be easier to see in daylight and after the gel coat has had a few days to react. :(

I've just had a call from Alex and unfortunately he's just had some plank drive into the back of him :D Damage (in the dark) looks like bumper/spoiler but obviously it will be easier to see in daylight and after the gel coat has had a few days to react. :X

Thats bad. Was looking over how nice a condition his car was earlier today,

hope it's not more than a bumper Alex, no doubt you'll let us know...

Cheers for the bed Bibs & Laura

:D

We came, we stayed, we broke nowt.

Sorry to hear one of the squadron took in the rear from Jerry. :X

I know he'll have limped home to Blighty. :D

We'll get him mended and back on the runway for the October bash.

Thankfully the rear gunner is safe and sound. :D

Pip Pip

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Just got back - Alex should be not far from home now.

Fantastic weekend - good company (thanks all). Good to chat to car enthusiasts about our cars, telling them things they didn't know. Lots of people said how beautiful the cars were (thanks to Bibs and Laura who spent Saturday morning polishing the cars before I got there!)

Lots of people commented on the cars and said how good it was to see Lotus represented.

Should just point out that Bibs spent most of the weekend trying to sell the cars!

Alex was behind me when we left the services where he was rear ended. I turned round and went back to him. Having a look in the dark it looks like a new bumper and diffuser but Alex will tell more when he's had chance to look at it in the light.

It took photos so will post them when I get chance to upload them.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Alex is not having much luck really :D

Hope it is only slight and easy fix, and the insurace pays up quick.