Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Insurance renewal for sub £200.........very happy! - Lotus Insurance - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Insurance renewal for sub £200.........very happy!

Whitey

Just a quick heads up on Footman James Ins - I have been with them for years and their Lotus policy is through Aviva and covers 5 track days per year and I have a mileage limit currently of 4k on my 2010 NA - value stated as £29K, but their policy is market value based - so may be more soon, who knows!

Renewal came through at £285, about the same as last year with my wife and son (aged 31) as named drivers. As my son hasnt driven the car for a couple of years - he has an S1 Elise 135, I asked for a quote without him - it dropped to £182 !! That's a real bargain and I paid as fast as I could by cc incase it was a mistake :)  We both have full ncb and wife has a SP30 which didnt load it at all.

They may be worth giving a try if your renewal is due soon.

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hmm, interesting. I had been with FJ for four years with my 2011 reg S1 NA SR, with 3k miles pa and no track days, market value.  My renewals had been creeping up, and came in last December at around £500. I shopped around and got the same but 5k mls pa for £296 with Peter Best.

• 11 months later...
On 20/03/2021 at 09:42, Whitey said:

Just a quick heads up on Footman James Ins - I have been with them for years and their Lotus policy is through Aviva and covers 5 track days per year and I have a mileage limit currently of 4k on my 2010 NA - value stated as £29K, but their policy is market value based - so may be more soon, who knows!

Renewal came through at £285, about the same as last year with my wife and son (aged 31) as named drivers. As my son hasnt driven the car for a couple of years - he has an S1 Elise 135, I asked for a quote without him - it dropped to £182 !! That's a real bargain and I paid as fast as I could by cc incase it was a mistake :)  We both have full ncb and wife has a SP30 which didnt load it at all.

They may be worth giving a try if your renewal is due soon.

Hi, just spotted your message. I have a Lotus Emira on order for delivery in June. I was looking at the insurance options. I will certainly get a quote from Footman James. Thank you.