Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Mathewson's Auction - Turbo Esprit - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Mathewson's Auction - Turbo Esprit

stephenwhyte

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think Fab is referring to the temp gauge. Its like one of those pictures with a model and a car "Oh never noticed the car". The mileage is too distracting :)

Also interior is a later one with ashtrays in doors and round vents.

Yes temp. I have an obsession with this having spent months getting to the bottom of why mine was in a similar place at idle. Hopefully this is just gauge calibration, as was mine. If its a genuine reading there is a major issue that needs sorting ASAP. An engine running hot will prove unreliable.

I did notice the millage. Without a complete record of old MoT certificates its meaningless on these cars. 

I fixed mine now when its at 90 degrees the fans come on and it peaks at 95 degrees before reducing to about 85 degrees. Calibrated as per my blog. No way of knowing this is just the gauge unless the sensor is put in a beaker of boiling water with a thermometer and the gauge is tested against a temperature curve. Mine is now accurate to within about 3 degrees across the significant part of the range. Easy to calibrate and really a must on the Lotus.

If it isn’t the gauge the oil with start to thin and there is a real risk the head gasket seal could fail.