Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Royal Deeside Motorshow 2021 - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Royal Deeside Motorshow 2021

This just popped into my inbox...

Dear Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland,

I wanted to send you a wee update on the Royal Deeside Motor Show.

Following the announcement by the UK Government some weeks ago, supplemented by the additional clarity provided by the Scottish Government last week and the current localised stability and suppression of the ongoing Coronavirus-19 pandemic, we are excited to announce that the Royal Deeside Motor Show will proceed in July 2021.

Whilst we cannot be complacent and ignore the current challenges presented by the ongoing pandemic, we are working closely with Visit Scotland and Aberdeenshire Council, both of whom are hugely supportive of this event. People are already desperate to get out and about, so we are keen to promote something positive and fun for the area and for the industry, whilst managing every opportunity to responsibly stage a safe, socially-distanced open air event.

Therefore, we are delighted to announce that we are moving the Royal Deeside Motor Show back to July 2021, to be held at Kincardine Castle and Estate, now over two days - 17th and 18th July 2021!

We are also delighted to announce that we welcome Lamborghini Edinburgh as our Main Sponsor. Please pop along to their website and have a peek at some of the stunning motors that you may see at the Event in July 2021!

We would love to welcome Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland to the Royal Deeside Motor Show. There is no charge for displaying your motor(s) although each person at the Event should have an entry ticket, which has been discounted for the two days. You can also register your club online, at this LINK

Space is limited, so best to get in touch as soon as possible. I'd love the opportunity to discuss any specific requirements you may have. We would also welcome your participation in the Showcase Parade.

A little bit about the Royal Deeside Motor Show!

We are looking forward to welcoming over 5,000 visitors per day to the Royal Deeside Motor Show, a brand new event being staged at the majestic Kincardine Castle and throughout the scenic 3,000 acre estate. This is a two-day gathering of rare motors, including performance, classic, retro, contemporary, agri, leisure and heavy haulage, spanning motorcars, motorbikes, campers, 4x4s, tractors, HGVs and so much more.

Whilst the event is centred around motors, it is designed to be a family-inclusive event, with attractions including:-

• Two MotoCases (Upper and Lower) showcasing over 1,000 motors from collectors, enthusiasts and motor dealers;
  • Our very own Royal Deeside Cartie Race where entrants design their cartie and race them down the Castle's West Drive for glory (in association with the Scottish Cartie Association);
  • An Offroad 4x4 safari experience especially created in the woods above the Castle (in association with the Buchan Offroad Drivers Club);
  • The Kincardine Showcase Parade will see the main Castle 'West Drive' converted into a showcase catwalk of motors from across the decades and spanning all motor sectors, including, cars, vans, campers, agricultural, leisure campers, motorbikes and even heavy haulage HLVs!
  • Retail zone for the motor enthusiast, displaying everything from spare parts for your motor, to car detailing and enhancements for your motorhome;
  • A shopper's heaven, supporting local businesses with their promotion of a huge range of arts, crafts and fantastic creations from local and national makers;
  • Dedicated zone for international street food and drink giving us the opportunity to celebrate and showcase local national and international street food. Not forgetting our world famous locally produced craft beer and spirit drinks companies;
  • And of course, we haven't forgotten about the wee ones, as we have dedicated zones to host family and children's rides for visitors to enjoy (in association with M&D's).

You can see the site layout on our website at this LINK. This is an interactive site map, so use the zoom function to click on the various zones. It's all really exciting!

We are also proud to be working alongside a range of charities on this event, including Charlie House, Children 1st, Rotary Club of Aboyne and Upper Deeside, the Scottish Men's Shed Association and STV Children's Appeal.

Please get in touch with me if you would like to find out more. My name is Emma and my contact details are below!

Best wishes, Emma

Emma Ingram

Direct Number: 01224 012712

E-mail: emma@etiom.co.uk 

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Gotta be one for @johnpwalsh and Wendy to look at given their North East activities.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Gotta be one for @johnpwalsh and Wendy to look at given their North East activities.

Wow. Just been on the website to check the fee's. Car enters free. Driver cost Discounted price. £24.95. Passenger. £24.95. So £50.00 before you start. Then fuel, food etc. I recon pricing themselves out of the game. You should see the cost of a 3Mx3M trade stand. And £175 to put up an advertising banner. 

Wow @johnpwalsh and @Bibs those prices don't make any sense. They'll be making money from the food stalls, the mechants, etc. Someone somewhere is being very greedy!

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I think Carfest was something like £3k just for clubs to turn up with a tent supplied and you weren't allowed to have any marketing for the club visible and camping pitches were £195/night/tent. Said no to that one! 

• Sad 1

The Lotus Festival has always been free for clubs. We usually have a dozen or so Lotus clubs attend and most get 50-60 free tickets for the people (+1 too) who bring their cars to exhibit. 

Gents that is how it should be done!  Too much stuff now is just run for the benefit of the organisers wallets...

• Like 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM

I agree to an extent Andy. Problem is, with so many rules and regulations these days, organisers  need to know they have ex amount of income to help cover costs. You can no longer just open up a field for example and put on a display/show without having marshals, toilets, first aid etc and all that costs money. Even free to enter for the public events have to be covered. A few years ack when I was on a regular shift rota, in one season we had 52 events. These days with current charges, that would be impossible. Even something as simple as a drive it day with over a specified amount of vehicles is no longer allowed. It is now classed as a convoy which is illegal.

• 4 weeks later...

Email just in...

:thumbsup:

Hi there

I’m just sending you a wee update on the Royal Deeside Motor Show. Whilst the majority of those showcasing motors have no concerns on purchasing tickets, there are some who were not happy. So that we launch this event in the best way possible, we have decided to not levy any charges for motor showcase attendees and clubs. So, no ground fee and driver ticket. We are extremely appreciative to have you at the event and giving the general public the opportunity to see motors from across the years … and let’s face it, without having you there, we are missing something from the event! Anyone accompanying the driver is welcome to purchase a ticket on the website.

We would love to welcome Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland to showcase at the Royal Deeside Motor Show. Here is the LINK to register your club. If you need any more information or have any questions, I'm happy to help.  

Best wishes,

Emma

• Like 1