Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Damned, whatever they do! - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Damned, whatever they do!

C8RKH

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Agreed mate.

Here's a section of the report from Londons Protests and the Independent review of it.

"We found that there are some things the Met could have done better, but we saw nothing to suggest police officers acted in anything but a measured and proportionate way in challenging circumstances."

Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner Louisa Rolfe said officers had acted "sensibly and proportionately... given we remain in a public health crisis" and "spent considerable time engaging, explaining and encouraging before considering any enforcement action".

This is How the BBC have just reported this same independent report "The force came under intense criticism after women were handcuffed and removed from crowds on Clapham Common.

An inspectorate found that officers did not communicate enough on the night - but the response had been "measured".

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

It is a bit worrying that the politicians seen to want to attack the police at every opportunity to make themselves look good. Nothing like promoting anarchy and lawlessness

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Kimbers said:

Agreed mate.

Here's a section of the report from Londons Protests and the Independent review of it.

"We found that there are some things the Met could have done better, but we saw nothing to suggest police officers acted in anything but a measured and proportionate way in challenging circumstances."

Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner Louisa Rolfe said officers had acted "sensibly and proportionately... given we remain in a public health crisis" and "spent considerable time engaging, explaining and encouraging before considering any enforcement action".

This is How the BBC have just reported this same independent report "The force came under intense criticism after women were handcuffed and removed from crowds on Clapham Common.

An inspectorate found that officers did not communicate enough on the night - but the response had been "measured".

I was posting this just to show how much, STILL, the BBC and other news "Organisations" are slanting their anti-police message....plus trying not to make themselves look too stupid for their previous coverage.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Politicians set the laws which currently are interpreted as meaning such protests / vigils were illegal and those laws were to protect against a fairly large threat (now much diminished). I cannot see how the police were wrong in trying to uphold the law.

If there was a fault, it's with the politicians in not being clear that such things were allowed, if that's what they honestly meant to be. If they didn't want such events to be legal, then support the police. So @Kimbers I do feel for you and your colleagues who are merely trying to do the right thing but are failed time and time again.

• Like 2

I need to remember to wear a belt when I go out and protest. That's about all I got out of it. Well, that and Mom was right about always wearing clean underwear just in case... 🧐

• Haha 1