Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Solar Yellow paint code - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Solar Yellow paint code

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to buy some touch up paint for my car, to use before it has a polish and ceramic coat. It’s a 2014 Evora.

According to the VIN plate AND confirmed by Andy Graham from the Lotus Archives, it is Solar Yellow C114. It’s a metallic colour.

I did some digging and found that Solar Yellow is often given 2 different codes, B114 & C114. Some websites seem to think this is the same colour. So unable to find any C114, I bought some touch up paint in B114 from Hangar 111. However it is a solid colour and my car is definitely a metallic.

Marianne at Hangar 111 kindly offered to take it back, (but I’ve kept it for now as I may still have a use for it). They don’t do C114.

So it would seem that Lotus switch back and forth between solid and metallic versions of the paint whilst still calling it Solar Yellow.😠

Does anyone else have a metallic Solar Yellow C114 car and if so did you manage to source the correct touch up paint and if so where did you get it?!

Cheers,

Lee

Edited by Bulletmagnet

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems others have had the same issue....

https://www.lotustalk.com/threads/evora-color-code-issue.470416/

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Thanks Cocopops,

That explains the C prefix then.👍

I found a post of yours on SELOC on the same subject from 2016, but couldn’t reply to it as it was archived. 
Did you ever find a touch up paint in C114? It sounds like a 3 stage/layer process, so how is that achieved in a little bottle of touch up paint?!🙄

When i had difficulty obtaining touch up paint for an Essex Blue Evora I found that my local Chipsaway depot had a computerised electronic colour matching machine which allows them to mix any colour paint, they don't even require a paint code to start from.

They mixed me a little up which was a perfect match for circa £20 iirc. It may have helped though that they also refurbished an alloy for me from my, what was then, daily car.

Don't shoot me but Halfords make up touch up paint to the manufactures code. Had some for both my lotus and mini, both are a good match.