Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige S or 350 Wanted - Wanted - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige S or 350 Wanted

TheStig44

Hello all,

I am looking to buy an Exige S or 350 but they are a little thin on the ground at the moment.

I am open to most colours and would like the race and convenience/comfort packs, premium sports pack would be a bonus too! Coupe or roadster I don't mind and manual is a must.

Budget is £40k-£45k.

Thanks for looking.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome.

That is a tough ask presently - Exige seem to be popular, as are sub-£35k Elise S Series 3. Two LF1 sold within hours last month at just over your budget and there don't seem to be many manual cars below £45k. A blue/cream on for sub-40k on Autotrader with 35,000 miles. 

Much more choice 45k to 55k - unhelpful comment - prices perhaps on the up, so you may need to consider, if possible, raising budget a smidgen.

Justin 

I know too well, at my end of the price range they moving very quickly! I saw online the LF1 that Will had which looked lovely. Central Lotus had a dark grey S in that would have been perfect but by the time I could go and view it, it had already been sold!

Originally I had set my budget at 40k but have since realised that it may not be enough hence looking up to 45k. Unfortunately for me, it seems prices are on the up! 

I have toyed with the idea of buying a year or 2 old 350 at the 55k mark but realistically it's just too much for me at the moment.

Don't bother viewing a car. If buying from reputable dealer (any Lotus main dealer, Will B, P Matty et al), just call, agree condition and pay ya deposit. 

My pal bought an Elise S from Will B unseen last month - all good. I can't remember the last car I viewed before buying - probably a 928 in 2014 but it was 34 years old. 

If a car is mis-described, dealer or private purchase, you can reject it subsequently. I would however view a private sale of an Exige, unless obvious the seller is a gent/pukka lass. 

I bought a car last year privately unseen. Deposit and paid balance once viewed. 

You can do plenty of checks on-line for MOT, road tax, HPI info etc... if you wish. 

Justin 

2 hours ago, TheStig44 said:

I know too well, at my end of the price range they moving very quickly! I saw online the LF1 that Will had which looked lovely. Central Lotus had a dark grey S in that would have been perfect but by the time I could go and view it, it had already been sold!

Originally I had set my budget at 40k but have since realised that it may not be enough hence looking up to 45k. Unfortunately for me, it seems prices are on the up! 

I have toyed with the idea of buying a year or 2 old 350 at the 55k mark but realistically it's just too much for me at the moment.

Had same problem . Ended up buying a new stock 350 on 60/40 deal nothing to pay for 2 years 3 years free servicing 0% finance. Deposit is far less than you are looking to pay

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

I got my mind set on one a few months back after much searching at what I can replace my Focus RS with. I was researching R8s but the running costs were putting me off so I started looking at Exiges. At first it was the V6 I wanted then it was a 350 but I think I’m holding off until I can afford a 380 later this year. 

The few that are for sale just now don’t seem to be shifting, any ideas why?

Would you consider an Evora 400? Early ones are dropping into your budget whereas the exige 350 seems to be creeping up in price a bit 

Edited by 62dave

On 05/04/2021 at 19:21, jep said:

Don't bother viewing a car. If buying from reputable dealer (any Lotus main dealer, Will B, P Matty et al), just call, agree condition and pay ya deposit. 

My pal bought an Elise S from Will B unseen last month - all good. I can't remember the last car I viewed before buying - probably a 928 in 2014 but it was 34 years old. 

If a car is mis-described, dealer or private purchase, you can reject it subsequently. I would however view a private sale of an Exige, unless obvious the seller is a gent/pukka lass. 

I bought a car last year privately unseen. Deposit and paid balance once viewed. 

You can do plenty of checks on-line for MOT, road tax, HPI info etc... if you wish. 

Justin 

You're right, I think I am just going to have to take the plunge with a deposit and get in early once I see something suitable.

On 08/04/2021 at 19:15, JamieF said:

I got my mind set on one a few months back after much searching at what I can replace my Focus RS with. I was researching R8s but the running costs were putting me off so I started looking at Exiges. At first it was the V6 I wanted then it was a 350 but I think I’m holding off until I can afford a 380 later this year. 

The few that are for sale just now don’t seem to be shifting, any ideas why?

I looked and test drove an R8 at the beginning of the year, great car, looked and sounded lovely but I quickly realised it had the same problem as I had with an old M3 and that was its too much of an all-rounder, it felt special maybe 20% of the time, whereas I think an exige will feel special all the time.

On 08/04/2021 at 19:50, 62dave said:

Would you consider an Evora 400? Early ones are dropping into your budget whereas the exige 350 seems to be creeping up in price a bit 

Might get some hate for this but I don't get on with the looks of the Evora, I can't put my finger on why exactly but I just don't. I'm also very keen on the Exige's roof off capabilities!

Edited by TheStig44
  • Like 2

That makes sense.

Evora: S1 is spot-on to my eyes, probably the prettiest mid-engined 2+2 ever made. 400 and beyond still lovely but less petit looking. All Evora are an event, every journey.

Targa Evora - a dream that has gone.

Justin 

6 hours ago, TheStig44 said:

You're right, I think I am just going to have to take the plunge with a deposit and get in early once I see something suitable.

I looked and test drove an R8 at the beginning of the year, great car, looked and sounded lovely but I quickly realised it had the same problem as I had with an old M3 and that was its too much of an all-rounder, it felt special maybe 20% of the time, whereas I think an exige will feel special all the time.

Might get some hate for this but I don't get on with the looks of the Evora, I can't put my finger on why exactly but I just don't. I'm also very keen on the Exige's roof off capabilities!

I'm with you on the Evora, they are nice but nothing on the Exige for me personally. I totally get the R8 thing, it does seem like a great all-rounder but that isn't what I'm looking for as I would prefer something that gives a raw driving experience.

On 05/04/2021 at 18:16, TheStig44 said:

You might find the odd new car still with the 0% deal - basically pay half up front and then have 2 years to find the other half (which you could finance some of).  That may be the cheapest way in to an Exige AND you will benefit from snail like depreciation from that point so a pretty reasonable place to have your money locked in to.  Just a thought.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

3 hours ago, R300XXX said:

Someone has just posted about selling their 350 on V6 owners FB page. Description below

CA610B03-7690-47CF-BD68-08C3F783C65E.jpeg

That looks excellent! They won't let me in the group because I don't own one so I will try to find him on FB. 

Thank you for the heads up!

I have seen the white one, although not my favourite colour it does look very nice. Looks a good price and very low miles too.

Im still waiting to hear back about the green 350, which is only about 30 miles from me as that looks ideal.