Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Pauls Exige 410 Sport - Page 3 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Pauls Exige 410 Sport

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The exhaust is working well so far. No issues at all, and it’s proved to be effective at Snetterton and Donington. 
I’m at Cadwell in a couple of weeks so we’ll see if it does the job there as well. 

If it works at Cadwell too, then I’d also be confident if I tried Silverstone. 

Brands Hatch could be borderline? And I imagine Bedford might be a struggle. 

• 2 weeks later...

It’s a GoPro Hero 8 black.

‘Spot metering’ is turned on so that it sets the exposure on the outside view, rather than on the car interior. If you don’t do this you sometimes see videos where the interior is really clear, but the outside view is far too bright. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/04/2021 at 12:50, Paul_D said:

Just finished off a little cosmetic change that I'd been thinking about before I'd even got the car. 

I was never quite sure that the silver stainless fastenings on the wing and door cards looked right. This is obviously a personal opinion thing, but I prefer fasteners to blend in.

£15 worth of black stainless fixings were ordered.

Wing Before:

Z6fnkG0.jpg

Wing After:

5Bfjqfe.jpg

Door Before:

fuJVObh.jpg

Door After:

K3dVQvq.jpg

I'm really pleased with the result. Plus it's my favourite type of modification: Cheap, Quick, Easy, and reversible in minutes if I changed my mind.

Nice touches 👌

Simplify, then add lightness

Just read through the whole thread and I must say Paul you’ve done some excellent modifications and it’s very good of you to take the time to share them with everyone. 
 I will be having a go at most or all of then myself too.  
 First on my list will be the exhaust valve switch (no key fob after reading this as I originally though I wanted) you’ve saved me a lot of hassle there mate thank you 😊 

I’m really chuffed after seeing this it’s answered a lot if queries I had, thanks 

👌👌👌

Simplify, then add lightness

Finally thought of a simple solution to something that I've been trying to figure out. I really like doing videos of my track sessions with the data overlay, but I think it adds something when you also have a rear view on the video. Finding a way to do this on an Exige isn't as simple as most cars - an internal camera looking backwards won't show a lot! I initially tried a clamp mount on the diffuser, but as well as being a bit low, it was too hot and the GoPro kept shutting down. Next I considered a suction cup mount on the surface where the number plate lights are, but I just don't have enough confidence in them. That's when I thought that looking back from the number plate is actually a perfect place, especially if you could find a way to attach an external microphone for the exhaust noise...

Number plate was previously stuck on with pads, so I took this off, cleaned everything up, and fitted some strips of proper heavy duty velcro.

Velcro.jpg

Then it was just a case of finding an old number plate, and mounting a GoPro base on it. I fitted a tether point and tether in case the main mount fails (and to potentially keep the track day marshals happy). It also allowed me to mount an external microphone with wind shield permanently on the plate. 

Plate-Garage.jpg

Now once I get to the circuit it'll take me about 20 seconds to go from this..

Noraml-Plate.jpg

To this...

Go-Pro-Plate.jpg

Okay... it's not the prettiest thing in the world, but then neither is a big suction cup with an additional safety tether. The heavy duty velcro grips well, so there's no way it's going anywhere, which means I won't constantly worrying like I would with a suction cup.

Now to just wait and see how the footage actually turns out.

• Like 1

It’s this mate: VELCRO Brand VEL-EC60241 Heavy Duty Stick On Tape 50 mm x 1 m, Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00186Q9AK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_JDTRS57Z0N2PSX7JT5G3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Rated at 7kg per 50mm x 100mm strip. So in theory what I’ve used could take about 28kg of load. It certainly feels it! 

Just read through this thread. Fascinating stuff, and you've done some great, well considered mods. Didn't see you report on the success/otherwise of the replacement dust caps for the headlamps though. I'm picking up my Exige this weekend, and guessing the bulbs are going to be high on my list of things to upgrade!

Hi Brendon,

As far as I know the eBay dust caps for the headlamp bulbs are working fine. In reality, I’d have to take the wheel arch liners back off to check that they were still perfectly in place and haven’t started melting or anything like that. 

16 hours ago, Paul_D said:

Hi Brendon,

As far as I know the eBay dust caps for the headlamp bulbs are working fine. In reality, I’d have to take the wheel arch liners back off to check that they were still perfectly in place and haven’t started melting or anything like that. 

Hi Paul, thanks for that. I don't suppose you have a link to the specific items you bought? Or exactly what criteria you searched for?

Hi

I see that you have fitted wheel studs. What kind of wheel socket do you use ? I have a Ks-tool one, and have to remove the protective sleeve for the rear wheels. I never found a narrow wheel socket with protection.