Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Pauls Exige 410 Sport - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Pauls Exige 410 Sport

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Another parasitic drain on the battery! :)

Great idea though.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I checked that. The average current drain is quoted as 1mA. 

Therefore in my opinion the benefits far outweigh the negligible current draw. 

• Like 1

My "theft" tracker monitors the battery voltage all the time, not sure it alarms though when drops below a threshold. It does if its disconnected as I get a call off the tracking company.

cheers

On 10/04/2021 at 12:50, Paul_D said:

Just finished off a little cosmetic change that I'd been thinking about before I'd even got the car. 

I was never quite sure that the silver stainless fastenings on the wing and door cards looked right. This is obviously a personal opinion thing, but I prefer fasteners to blend in.

£15 worth of black stainless fixings were ordered.

Wing Before:

Z6fnkG0.jpg

Wing After:

5Bfjqfe.jpg

Door Before:

fuJVObh.jpg

Door After:

K3dVQvq.jpg

I'm really pleased with the result. Plus it's my favourite type of modification: Cheap, Quick, Easy, and reversible in minutes if I changed my mind.

Looks very cool Paul, where did you get the replacement fixings from as I think I may do this to my 410?
Thanks

Colin

4 minutes ago, Ramones1234 said:

Looks very cool Paul, where did you get the replacement fixings from as I think I may do this to my 410?
Thanks

Colin

It was from a place called carbolts.co.uk. 

Total cost including delivery was just over £15. 

• Like 1

Be aware that if you order these you will need to cut 4mm off two of the M5 x 20mm countersunk bolts. If you aren’t able to do that, order some M5 x 16mm as well. 

CE6D403C-3147-40A0-97B1-330BC1A80B59.jpeg

• Like 1

Very nice. A really neat solution on and off plate.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 08/04/2021 at 12:58, Paul_D said:

First modification carried out last night, albeit not a particularly exciting one. 

Having read all the horror stories about killing the lithium batteries and the care they need, I thought any help keeping an eye on it would be worth having. So I ordered one of these:

eHGwD8P.jpg

Obviously very easy to connect, nothing more complicated than connecting to the positive and negative of the battery. (Although for ease of install, I didn't connect the positive directly onto the battery)

I3YQvx1.jpg

Then download and connect to the app, and it immediately shows the battery level. It says it automatically connects and updates when you are in range. As well as the live data and a couple of tests, you can set alarms to initiate at two different battery levels.

epp1Ntp.png

No sure if it is something common or what they did but in the sound system in my exige 20th I get the current battery voltage

5 hours ago, Paul_D said:

I did another little job at the weekend which was partly cosmetic and partly practical. The number plate mounting arrangement was different on the later Exiges and didn't have a mounting plinth. This meant that a) You have to drill holes in the number plate and screw them on, and b) you need to unscrew them at a trackday to fit the tow hook. Whilst neither of these are a major issue, I thought I may as well improve things where I can.

This is what you have if you unscrew the number plate - a couple of silver spire clips behind the grill

rp8IIe4.jpg

Found a bit of bar and chucked it on the pillar drill, then cut and cleaned up.

HIiClAr.jpg

Y1gTiew.jpg

A quick test fit

CRjkY4v.jpg

A lick of paint

ZibGeI4.jpg

And hey presto, new mounting pads

IriiG12.jpg

I decided to use Velcro to mount the plates, to give me the ease of removal. It still looks very subtle when the car has no plate on:

772RlaS.jpg

And then just some velcro on the plates.

fYztW1s.jpg

Now I can quickly whip the plate off on trackdays with needing tools, or easily swap between the show plate for photographs and stuff...

yIrXM3y.jpg

Or the fully legal plate for normal use...

FqNnFhQ.jpg

This looks very nice and OEM

Any chance you can make another set of these and post out?  Happy to pay for the privilege................??

6 minutes ago, Chunkv6 said:

This looks very nice and OEM

Any chance you can make another set of these and post out?  Happy to pay for the privilege................??

I'll send you a PM in a minute mate. 👍

5 hours ago, Paul_D said:

Or the fully legal plate for normal use...

FqNnFhQ.jpg

Are you aware that the only real legal aspect of the number plate is the size of the letters? If they remain the same, then you can actually trim some of excess white areas from the sides of the ‘plate. 

(I imagine that would help a lot with airflow). 

Yeah, I had a plate to that specification on my old Elise. Legal font and 11mm of plate all around as per the Regs. I couldn't directly use it on the Exige as it was too narrow to reach the mounting posts. I'd also become less of a fan of the looks due to the proportions.

TqK0sps.jpg

I did think about having one made with legal font and to my exact width requirements. For ease I just ordered a pair of legal plates and a 3/4 sized front one. 

Running the 3/4 plate daily is obviously an option, but that is illegal...

• Like 1

I know what you’re saying, but that would remove the BS mark as it’s in the far right corner and technically make it illegal. It would also make the black border look wrong. 

I would want to have one made to my specific measurements to have a legal shorter plate that looked ok. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paul_D said:

I know what you’re saying, but that would remove the BS mark as it’s in the far right corner and technically make it illegal. It would also make the black border look wrong. 

I would want to have one made to my specific measurements to have a legal shorter plate that looked ok. 

https://www.platesforcars.co.uk/designer.php?gclid=Cj0KCQjwpdqDBhCSARIsAEUJ0hMo1iMnioiewYPRhw5s1LwNlZARXJTZsmtEuf9v5xN8NQ6NEl7Mj8QaAgBAEALw_wcB

Thats your answer :)

Screenshot_20210414-175824_Chrome.jpg