Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Anyone received their 390 Final Edition yet? - Page 6 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Anyone received their 390 Final Edition yet?

Matt W

Yes it comes up on the dashboard saying exhaust open or closed when you press it. 
doesn’t stay on though. 
You will know though if it’s open 😬👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 13/08/2021 at 10:42, Matt said:

Had my running in service today. 
All good. 
7000 is just peachy 😬

O and they were able to put the exhaust switch on for me. Apparently it’s a bit of luck if the wires are there they can still do it and they were on mine 😁
Now it sounds awesome all the time 😍

Hi Matt,

Do you know if any tweak to the ECU was needed for the exhaust bypass in your car's case? Or was it simply plug the switch in and go?

Edited by Sam Downey
mis-quote

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Bit of a delay. Originally due June then early July. It arrived at B&C mid July so I asked for the new licence plate given it was only a couple of weeks.

I think I was just ahead on the cusp of the Hethel summer break as others are much later

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Likewise! The configurator on the Lotus website was similarly rubbish so it was a very pleasant surprise when I finally saw it in the flesh. 
No idea why dealers struggle to get a good pic though but I looks stunning and I’ve had a lot of compliments on it.

• Like 1

Can anyone who's taken delivery confirm if the FE AiM digital dash allows you to set the speedo to GPS instead of wheel rotation? I'm hoping it does but doubtful as I bet there was be legal issues around that. An accurate speedo is such a nice thing though.

Also, if you're familiar with the AiM aftermarket, dash any other differences between the your 390 FE dash and the aftermarket version?

On 06/09/2021 at 18:27, TTim said:

I haven't tried to change that setting but I do find it's really accurate compared to my other cars. The roadside signs which tell you of your speed are always within 1kmh either way.

Ah ok, well that's good to know at least. If it's accurate in the first place I can live without gps.

What Tony suggests seems likely also. I wonder if Lotus will offer that to be retrofitted with a software update to add in functionality for the FE cars?

1 hour ago, Sam Downey said:

I wonder if Lotus will offer that to be retrofitted with a software update to add in functionality for the FE cars?

I would love this to be true but I do free that once the final FE car leaves the factory then it will be Emira Emira Emira. 

• Like 1

On 27/06/2021 at 22:02, Matt said:

8BCED1CA-8025-4F89-A250-D8C8D2BA91F1.jpeg

15DE7219-32D2-4521-82DE-D68E105C9A58.jpeg

Hold on... given the width of the sill, how on earth do you get in and out of that?

Al of our garages seem to have been based on the dimensions from the 1970s!

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

🤣 I don’t. 
At the moment I push it in and pull it out. 
thank heavens for light is right 🥴

getting it out is fairly easy as it’s slightly down hill a bit just makes getting it in a bit harder. ☺️
 I just hold it in place with a brick to stop it rolling back with the front tyres just in the garage which has a slight lip to make it a bit easier 🤦‍♂️
then get it moving but allow it to rock back 2-3 times onto the brick before giving it a good push and jobs a good un 🤣

Im sure the neighbours must think it’s hilarious but doesn’t bother me. Maybe if it was a daily it would be different but it’s not so happy days. I may try and set up a winch type thing down the line but not fussed at the mo. 👍

• Like 1

Question for 390 FE owners. Is anywhere in owners manual or inside door sill or anywhere in general stated that the car can be fitted with 420/430 CUP (215/45 + 285/30) tires.?

Mainly asking because my car will be going through homologation when imported to country and this stuff needs to be in homologation to legally run those tires.

I asked about swapping the Cup 4S for Cup 2 on delivery on my 390 and Lotus said no because of homologation problems. Physically the 410/430 tyres will fit as they're the same wheels across the FE range. 

17 hours ago, Matt said:

🤣 I don’t. 
At the moment I push it in and pull it out. 
thank heavens for light is right 🥴

getting it out is fairly easy as it’s slightly down hill a bit just makes getting it in a bit harder. ☺️
 I just hold it in place with a brick to stop it rolling back with the front tyres just in the garage which has a slight lip to make it a bit easier 🤦‍♂️
then get it moving but allow it to rock back 2-3 times onto the brick before giving it a good push and jobs a good un 🤣

Im sure the neighbours must think it’s hilarious but doesn’t bother me. Maybe if it was a daily it would be different but it’s not so happy days. I may try and set up a winch type thing down the line but not fussed at the mo. 👍

My neighbours have a good laugh at me too. The shape of my driveway makes it really tricky to get in forward and I really try park as close as possible to the wall and out of door reach of the Volvo to save the wife accidentally opening it into my car. 

Means I have to jump in the passenger side and climb over the hand break and around the gearstick. Again glad it's not a daily drive.

IMG20210822163451.jpg

• Like 2