Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Anyone received their 390 Final Edition yet? - Page 7 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Anyone received their 390 Final Edition yet?

Matt W

As you can read in this thread and the other one, there are few of us here who are experiencing same delays. My car was also scheduled for July, but it has been built at the end of September. Whole production got pushed back as a result of global parts shortage. I'm looking forward to you posting your beautiful Daytona Blue Exige when you receive it, I love that color.

10 hours ago, delta3 said:

are other FE buyers experiencing delays in getting your cars? mine was originally scheduled to ship in july, then the date keeps getting pushed back. as of now it's scheduled to ship out next week.

Likewise, mine was originally sheduled for July, as per the other thread, it is ready at the factory today (my dealer is collecting it).

On 08/10/2021 at 16:55, Inversed said:

As you can read in this thread and the other one, there are few of us here who are experiencing same delays. My car was also scheduled for July, but it has been built at the end of September. Whole production got pushed back as a result of global parts shortage. I'm looking forward to you posting your beautiful Daytona Blue Exige when you receive it, I love that color.

thanks! will do.

Teaser image, car was delivered to dealer today. Now I wait to hear from Lotus (via dealer) for answer about how they plan to go around fixing the spec (car was ordered without black pack). I'm not happy with current situation, but mistakes do happen and I believe Lotus will make things right. I already said that rear clam (transom) is fine as is, as that part is probably the  most complicated (and expensive) to revert to non-black-pack. What would you insist on, if this happened to you?

That yellow is sooooo yellow! I love it.

image010.jpg

Edited by Inversed
  • Love 2

Wow! That looks amazing in that light! It looks really, really nice. But I understand being unhappy about the spec mishap. I think Yellow would look better non-black pack (although a black rear transom always looks better so yeah, leave that.). But Lotus didn't want to offer black rear transom's with coloured roofs on FE cars so not sure they will be keen to do that as it would make your car the only such example in existence, (which would be super cool right? but everyone would start asking for it).

Lotus are a business, but hopefully they understand that buying a new car is not business for most of us, its a very special, emotional thing and as such, it should be as close to perfect as possible. So I would say push hard for what you want (and paid for) but just in case it doesn't work out, try not to be disappointed with a car that still looks utterly stunning, just a little different to your original spec.

FWIW I missed out on a factory order completely and was only able to arrange finance when dealer cars were the only option left. First world problems and all ;)

17 minutes ago, Sam Downey said:

But Lotus didn't want to offer black rear transom's with coloured roofs on FE cars so not sure they will be keen to do that as it would make your car the only such example in existence, (which would be super cool right? but everyone would start asking for it).

I think some people said it's possible and were quoted ~800€ for that "custom option". I wasn't aware of that at time of order, my dealer said everything or nothing when I asked about it.

On 14/10/2021 at 23:22, Inversed said:

Teaser image, car was delivered to dealer today. Now I wait to hear from Lotus (via dealer) for answer about how they plan to go around fixing the spec (car was ordered without black pack). I'm not happy with current situation, but mistakes do happen and I believe Lotus will make things right. I already said that rear clam (transom) is fine as is, as that part is probably the  most complicated (and expensive) to revert to non-black-pack. What would you insist on, if this happened to you?

That yellow is sooooo yellow! I love it.

image010.jpg

That yellow looks great! 

Shame that they have somehow messed up with the black pack. I suppose it shouldn't be super difficult to fix, they are all bolt on parts that need to be painted after all. At least you have got the transom in black!

Personally I like the 20th edition paint scheme and if this was my car I'd definitely keep the front clam bonnet in black and maybe the rear hatch. But yes it will look better with the roof, air intakes and mirrors in body colour imo.

Hopefully there is no colour variation with the parts once they are painted.

• 4 weeks later...

Who is still waiting and when did you order yours?
I've ordered mine on March, 30th - initial delivery date was September.

As it is already getting cold here, it doesn't matter to me anymore how long it takes - before end of March would be great though ;)

In the Elise forum I read that there is "carbon fiber supply issues".

This dealer here in France bothers me a bit though. My dealer was only allocated 5 more by the time I ordered mine. And this guy is sitting on tons of unsold and even special Exiges...

I don't think there is any unsold Exige FE in Switzerland at this point. Also in Germany there are barely any, especially 420 and 430 models.

Edited by mayak

Don’t worry, I’ve been assured all parts supplies have been resolved and all cars will be delivered. 

I ordered an Elise in February (day of announcement) and will be delivered December (from original September)

it will be with the wait!

Edited by TonyKL

• 1 month later...

I’ve paid 1.700 eur (VAT included) for the soft top. Is your price for the soft top on stock or for the backordered item?

Also ordered an exige with a factory stereo. It came with Sony DSX-A510BD integrated Quite good. Has DAB, BT and USB. But it has blue lights all over front panel. A lot of reflection is seen in the mirror during the night drive… looks like a police car is behind you. So I removed the front panel and drive without the music. Because exhaust sound 😀

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Toqcars said:

I’ve paid 1.700 eur (VAT included) for the soft top. Is your price for the soft top on stock or for the backordered item?

Also ordered an exige with a factory stereo. It came with Sony DSX-A510BD integrated Quite good. Has DAB, BT and USB. But it has blue lights all over front panel. A lot of reflection is seen in the mirror during the night drive… looks like a police car is behind you. So I removed the front panel and drive without the music. Because exhaust sound 😀

I often have that same issue of seeing blue lights out the rear view mirror!

as far as I’m aware, central lotus are still waiting for my soft top nearly a year on, I ended up taking one they had in stock with a cosmetic imperfection and having it remade by Allon White

I have a hardtop car so there are more parts required to make the softtop work but still thats alot more......

This was dealers response

This is for the complete kit with labour taxes and we need to remove, do a special cut on the car  etc

Regarding the stereo Bluelight is an absolute no no for me there is no way to change it to red? In the demo mode does it even show it's capable of red?

Edited by DangerousDave

It seems to be blue only. If you long press the src button top left it shuts everything down, all lights go off so at least you can leave the facia attached. It's a pretty low-rent head unit though.