Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Clicking from driver's front wheel well, turning right at slow speeds - Page 2 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Clicking from driver's front wheel well, turning right at slow speeds

Go to solution Solved by Bruss,

the official manufacturer response was

"noise coming from clamping face of front wheel to anoidzed aluminum bell and/or the natural (unplated) HBU drive flange.  Potentially audibly enhanced by aluminum substrate.  Component investigation has shown subtle flatness variability control, of machined aluminum bell.  Issue is only evident as a noise, not a durability concern."

14 hours ago, Logomongo said:

Issue is only evident as a noise, not a durability concern."

So it will not fall off or actually fail. Sounds like a thin piece of something to separate the parts mentioned....

• 10 months later...

Ok, so update here.  The clicking came back.  Brought it back to dealership - they couldnt figure it out.  I tightened the lug nuts about 10-15% tighter than Spec.  No click for 6 months now.  

So thats the solution, lol

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

This happened on my 400 during the summer - super embarrassing and even had a guy chase me down the road to warn me there’s something wrong with my wheel.  

I was overseas and after much searching found a couple of race team mechanics who were up for the challenge.  After much rocking, jacking, pushing and pulling they eventually removed and re-bent the brake pad tensioning springs.  It seems that with the wheel turned and maybe some expansion of the metal they were catching.  Perhaps they weren’t changed last time the pads were changed.

I’ve since bought some new springs and pins.  I plan to wait for summer and if the noise comes back, I’ll swap them over for the new springs, give the brakes a good warming up and report the outcome.  

• Like 1