Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2011 Evora S - Chasing lap times, while not destroying everyday's qualities (too much) - Page 5 - Evora Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2011 Evora S - Chasing lap times, while not destroying everyday's qualities (too much)

.. boring work fitting pbody panels, getting the gaps right, arranging cables, hoses and other boring stuff - not to mention the interior panels which is not a job for the faint hearted. Well, almost done.

But. In the background another thing has been going on. Considering the effort I put into chassi modifications and all testing and tweaking I have been doing, I have decided to switch to a chassie / damper solution where I can work together with a local expert. Yet to be disclosed. This means that both setups of Nitrons will go. Nitron are always supportive and nice to talk to, but I need to find a solution where I not need to pay 1000 € for each iteration and also a technology platform with some additional feature I see that I need.

So, up for sale are:

1. Nitron Club Sport (40 mm), 1-way, 425/625 springs, other alternatives could be discussed. Used for 5 weeks only with protective neoprene socks, 3017 km. €2200 (€550 off new price).
  2. Nitron 46 R1, 1-way, 900/1100 springs, other alternatives could be discussed. Used for 5 months, 3720 km. €2800. 

Data, settings, advices for possible updates at next service will be shared with both alternatives.

The Club Sports are, considering all parameters 2-2.5 s quicker than a standard chassi per 1 minute lap. The 46 R1's are 0.5-1 s quicker than the Club Sports per 1 minute lap, which I have same day test results of.

The Club Sports is a cost effective, easy to live with every day, update over standard chassi. And it removes a huge amount of weight, as listed earlier in this thread. Almost as comfortable as standard Bilsteins. I ran them with 475 springs front with a stiffer anti-roll bar. Maybe counter intuitive, but I wanted the inner wheel to over-come the anti roll bar mid-corner. With standard anti-roll bar, I believe the 425's are right.

The 46 R1 is superior to the Club Sport in every measurable parameter and a damper that you could build on to further develop the performance. The larger piston is a must to get control over stiffer springs. However, they may be noisy and if your focus is not to lower lap times and have more fun on the track, this is probably not the option to go for. I have some ideas on springs, but that can also be discussed.

I will put up a proper add some day :-)

Maybe it could be of value to add that these two damper sets are measuring quite similar to each other in a range of settings where I found them to work best and they are not that different from the stock dampers either, in terms of overall F vs v characteristics. But the real result differs substantially, for reasons other people are better on explaining than me.

The 46 R1's are actually, despite matched with brutally stiff springs, quite forgiving over rougher obstacles - i.e. less harshness, which is confirmed in dyno tests over a higher velocity range than presented in most plots. The Club Sports are less forgiving in that particular respect, but otherwise more civilized.

Your knowledge and attention to detail is worthy of recognition here.  It would be good if I had a couple of grand spare and the appreciation of the better suspension set up but unfortunately not.  I’ll just continue to read with interest your reports. Cheers.